Lunar [Champ range] - Page 2 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 72 (permalink) Old 04-07-2005, 23:44

My Motorhome: AutoSleeper Broadway EL
Lunar (Champ range)

Hi Y'all -

I'm one of Vic's other champ owners that he knows of ... We have a 520 and it will be 2 years old in September. We had a problem with the habitation door lock that had to be replaced just after we got it, and the cover for the roof light blew off one windy night, but the new one is a better model and locks in place - we had it done with some other insurance work - hate to admit it, but I drove too near to the side of a narrow curved tunnel also the large gas ring wouldn't stay on. The dealer was great, but he gave up Lunar as he couldn't get the service from them.

Bob made an small curved table that slots in to the side of the sink under the TV cupboard so I have some extra space, and we had two Beanie boxes fitted in the offside skirt to keep chairs, levellers, electric cable and wellies in. I like the drop-down door for the rear locker idea - so far we haven't bothered to use that locker as I can't be asked ....

It's our first motorhome and we love it! We had boats before and this is sooooo much cheaper, can use it in all weathers, doesn't need antifouling and it's in the garden instead of 10 miles away at the harbour.

Have just come back from four days near Oxford, three in Wareham Forest , Dorset and two at Slapton Sands in Devon, and next Sunday we are off for three days at Looe.

Look forward to reading loads of posts!

Vita
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 72 (permalink) Old 12-08-2005, 19:16

Hi all
I am also a Champ 630 owner that has e-mailed Vic and hopefully have helped. I am not on e-mail all the time due to work ( Far too much of it).
Well off to Devon soon for a well deserved break, staying at Wood farm (one of CCC sites) has anyone stayed here?
I am having a problem getting the fridge to work when driving, not a major problem as we take a cigarette lighter attached cooler box but i would like some help if anyone can.
Feel free to e-mail if you have any questions and i hope i will be able to help.
Steve
post #13 of 72 (permalink) Old 15-08-2005, 22:20

My Motorhome: AutoSleeper Broadway EL
Lunar (Champ Range)

Hi Steve -
Have you had yours long?
I am sleeping on ours in the drive at the moment as we have relations staying - jolly useful extra spare bedroom, with all mod cons.
Vita

post #14 of 72 (permalink) Old 16-08-2005, 21:11

Hi Steve

It's nice to hear from another 630 owner. We are extreamly happy with ours.

I like the idea of the drop down flap access and have though of doing the same to mine. I'll add it to my list.

Just finished installing a gas tank which has freed up the gas locker for other things. A few problems but now working OK.

Cheers

Trevor
post #15 of 72 (permalink) Old 16-08-2005, 22:33
DJP

Drop down flap?

Quote:
I like the idea of the drop down flap access and have though of doing the same to mine
Trevor

The drop down flap idea for a 630? The storage area floor is some 12" below the living space floorlevel. Therefore the flap would gain access but floor level is down below.
post #16 of 72 (permalink) Old 19-08-2005, 15:00

I was thinking more about drop down flaps on either side.

Could not do it at the back due to the spare wheel being in the way.

Finished fitting a gas tank and used it in anger last weekend, a few minor problems but all sorted.

Trevor
post #17 of 72 (permalink) Old 20-05-2006, 07:55

Hi all
Apologies for not responding earlier I have been on MHF but never noticed the Lunar postings you made.
I know I have replied to some of your posts in other areas, you must think I am ignorant by not responding on here.
So apologies once more
Steve
post #18 of 72 (permalink) Old 20-05-2006, 14:22

My Motorhome: Hobby Siesta HGE
Can I echo Steve's comments? Didnt realise we had our own Forum. We have as Champ 621 Fixed Bed.Bought in June 05 (new). To be honest very few problems and very happy with it. I don't think the waste water heater works but I've been told they may not on all models! Not really an issue for us though.
post #19 of 72 (permalink) Old 20-05-2006, 19:33

Hi Telbell
A bit confused with:
I don't think the waste water heater works
Why would anyone want to heat the waste water?....Oh I got it.....To give the rats a hot bath. Do you add foam bath to it?

Steve
post #20 of 72 (permalink) Old 20-05-2006, 19:51
DJP

Lunar

We used to have a Champ 630.
The waste water tank heater was never installed for MH use in UK.
It was available for certain European coutries who suffered many sub zero temperatures in winter and therefore wanted to prevent the waste water from freezing and staying frozen over a long period.

Be seeing you! No. 6

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page