Motorhome Facts Forum banner

Have I really got the only one?.

11K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  sunflowersmell 
#1 ·
Having just returned to MHF and also just bought a Mobilvetta Driver 52 I asked couple of questions about it but it seems I have the only one on MHF.Have had Bessacars 2,Hymers 3, Autotrail 1.This being the smallest one we have ever had and smallest engine ie 2.0 jtd.

#3 ·
Hi,

I had one a few years ago, it was on the 2.8 turbo and went like poo off the proverbial.

The layout was great for us with one of the best kitchen layouts ever.

About 18 months from new it started leaking badly in the rear corner by the locker door and needed extensive warranty repairs to sort out.
Unfortunately about 6months later the damp was back again so we got a favourable trade in deal with another van and got rid.

Great van and we really liked it apart from the obvious. If it haden't had that problem we would have kept it much longer.

Sorry if thats not what you wanted to hear.

Pete

#4 ·
peejay said:
Hi,

I had one a few years ago, it was on the 2.8 turbo and went like poo off the proverbial.

The layout was great for us with one of the best kitchen layouts ever.

About 18 months from new it started leaking badly in the rear corner by the locker door and needed extensive warranty repairs to sort out.
Unfortunately about 6months later the damp was back again so we got a favourable trade in deal with another van and got rid.

Great van and we really liked it apart from the obvious. If it haden't had that problem we would have kept it much longer.

Sorry if thats not what you wanted to hear.

Pete
Hello Peejay, well we have now done about 500 miles now and found the lenght 17ft 6" just right. On first day out Wife forgot her contact lense cleaner so had to find spot to park in very busy town centre, no problem parked it like a car, second time was near ELY Cathedral when it was pouring with rain but again got into a carpark along with other cars with no problem. The size inside is ok for us. Now for the dodgy bits.Waste tank leaked from bad DIY but Caravan Tech sorted that out with refurbish, however when they went to do up the bolts to retain the tank one went right through the floor. Water ingress in rear corner where the tank is. They are having it back in August to do it. Shower tap not working right as it comes out in one stream instead of spray , they are also doing that. MPG quite surprised it being 2.0 jtd we are averaging 26/28 .Nightime, Wife upstairs me down on dining part bed , we did get up there together but I had to do the usual and caused us such a laugh being a tangled up in sleeping bags .Anyway down stairs is enough for my 6FT.

#6 ·
cabby said:
sorry I have not got one either, but I would be interested in your comments about the service you get from that dealer.

cabby
Regarding Caravan Tech,we bought a new Bailey caravan in 2011 and found couple of faults which they rectified within a week, one part coming from Baily.The workshop manager Ian is brilliant, even sent a fitter to our house twice to rectify the waste tank problems on the Mobilvetta,when buying the van I saw the cambelt change was 4 yearsbago and asked them to replace it which they did.Other things come to light and all have been done or to be done at my timing.
I suppose some people would say well they should have done it anyway but in the real world this is not always done. Anyway cannot fault the responce to my problems.

#7 ·
We've just bought a mobilvetta new life 6. Can't see many people n
Here who has them. Hope that's not a bad thing. We just taken it away for our first trip and loving her, except I don't think it has a radio ariel. Seems odd as only 2008 but losing reception and channels mostly whilst driving along !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.