Motorhome Facts Forum banner

Euro-yacht??

22K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  nicholsong 
#1 ·
Hi,All, Spotted for sale a IVECO-DAILY Euro yacht motorhome , running on a 2.8 diesel engine. Has anyone any experience of this vehicle, I think it is made by an Italian firm because it is by Mobilvette or something like that. Does anyone know what chassis it is? (the vehicle is a 1997 model) Just wondered because we are looking to upgrade our van soon.

Kind regards, Dave.......

#4 ·
I think these were imported by Don Amott at Hilton in Derbyshire. I recall looking at them as they were very stylish and at the higher end of the A-class market. They were well beyond my means.

Mobilvetta is a recognised Italian company who made good vans with style. It is/was part of the SEA group which has had a more turbulent history recently - Auto Sleepers was part of the group for a while. Ensure you can get parts for the Mobilvetta part of the vehicle. Most of their dealers seem to be in the south.

The Iveco Daily is a workhorse with a very good reputation in the commercial vehicle sector. Check the weight of the van because if it is at the top end of the scale, the old 2.8 will be challenged to make good progress compared to modern motores. Like now, many of the top class under 6,000 kg motorhomes used the chassis. There are numerous Iveco dealers around.

#7 ·
Hi we have a euroyacht 1998 LHD the quality is brilliant, the Italian furniture makers did a fab job on design, the bathrooms are large, the kitchen is tucked away so easy to cook, and the kitchen sink and drainer are large, pleanty of room, well thought out motorhome. The pull down bed just tucks up after use, so no bedding to have to keep putting away. Ours is a semi automatic, we have just returned from an Easter break to Spain, its performance is excellent. We will be looking to buy a fully automatic motorhome soon, so give us a call if you want we can send you some pics?

#10 ·
They are a very common sight around mainland Europe.
Not owned one, but I had a look round one at a used-MH dealers not long ago. Looked very well built and solidly put together.

My understanding of Iveco base is that it's very solid, more or less bulletproof running gear.

#11 ·
jo662 said:
robin1234 said:
Devon sailing and experiences at devonsailingexperiences. co. uk
What a numpty! :roll:
Probably a Devonian programmed auto response to an auto search engine - they are a bit strange down there, including the ones who have moved from Cornwall.

You could wind them up with requests for Euro-Yachts, but is it worth it for a non-subscriber - except to use up the 5 posts :eek: :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.