Motorhome Facts Forum banner

Mobilvetta K-Yacht 80

4K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  JanHank 
#1 ·
I’m looking for opinions on a rear lounge set up for my first motorhome and have come across the Mobilvetta K Yacht 80 and am interested in the upgraded 4400kgs chassis with automatic. My other alternatives are a Frankia i740 or Hymer a bit more in cost but the Mobilvetta looks good value for money and the two drop down beds look appealing as they seem to drop down enough not to use the undesirable to us ladders. Is there anyone here with experience of this model.

#2 ·
Hi cant help you on that but I agree that they are a good standard and seem to be value for money, and a clever layout. We are looking at A class with garage but the new Chausons are good at innovative designs and if we were not looking at AClass that would be my choice as they seem to have the perfect drive train on paper (Ford 170bhp Auto) Its a shame that they are not into Aclass models as well.

#4 ·
We looked at the Mobilvetta as our potentially 3rd motorhome

Agreed, they do look good value on the face of it but after closer inspection, it was clear that they were built down to a price and weight limit and I did wonder how they would fare after a few years use. Albeit more expensive, you'll get a far better product from one of the other makes you mention.
There is also the concern over the service you'll get from the only dealer you can buy them from which based on reviews (and personal experience) is variable at best.

#6 ·
We looked at the Mobilvetta as our potentially 3rd motorhome

Agreed, they do look good value on the face of it but after closer inspection, it was clear that they were built down to a price and weight limit and I did wonder how they would fare after a few years use. Albeit more expensive, you'll get a far better product from one of the other makes you mention.
There is also the concern over the service you'll get from the only dealer you can buy them from which based on reviews (and personal experience) is variable at best.
Nothing to do with the thread.
You have been added to my list.
https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/7...ou-still-watching-posting-73.html#post3020087

#5 ·
Agree SR1 that Chausons look nice set up but like you we are looking for an A Class. Homebox, good point about the garage will check as we would like to carry a light scooter inside. We intend to travel across Europe more than UK and spend winter in Spain and given evenings there can get cold a lounge would be nice. Although some forward layouts equally appear comfortable. Ref GMLS, I’m tending to agree that the other makes ive mentioned might be a better choice especially some of the reviews I’ve read regarding the local dealer.
Thanks everyone for your replies.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.