Motorhome Facts Forum banner

Help please, I'm new

13K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Johnanthony 
#1 ·
Hi
Can anyone out there help me please???

I'm new the camper world and am looking currently at a 2001 Mobilvetta Driver 70 [Iveco] motorhome with rear lounge.
Does anyone know where i may find the layout of this van, and does anyone know what is the quality of the Mobilvetta build like?

FINGERS CROSSED SOMEONE MAYBE ABLE TO HELP ME.

Looking forward to your replys.
Regards
Andie

#2 ·
Hi Andie and welcome to MHFacts.

I can't help with the layout of the 70 but I had a year 2000 Driver 52 on a Fiat Ducato. They were very attractive motorhomes for a very good price. We had ours for several years and took it all over Europe. It was a great motorhome let down by dodgy build quality and cheap upholstery. Ours had serious water ingress problems in its second year around the rear corners which was never resolved.
Not saying that they were all like this but if you do go ahead then a good written damp check is essential.

pete

#7 ·
Mobilvetta floor problem

Hi
I bought a Mobilvetta 3 years ago.It is now 9 years old and I recently discovered soft patches in the floor.After removing lyno I now realise that there is significant rot in the floor at one side. I would advise you to be very cautious when buying secondhand. I must give up many saturdays now to fix and repair this problem. After that Its for sale and I will never have a camper again. My camper came from Italy and I dont think it likes the damp irish athmosphere. Do a lot of research before buying or even looking. If you are not happy with either roof of underneath then there is no need to see inside. Remember sales people will show you the features inside to swoon you. I was under my camper today and I can see signs of repair work to plywood underneath . I never coped this when I was buying it . I have rotten plywood floor and supports now and Iam mad with my self for not paying closer attention to external detail.

Johnanthony :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.