Motorhome Facts Forum banner

mobilvetta euroyacht mirror

14K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  HMFIC 
#1 ·
hi folks
please can somebody put me out of my misery i have bought a new passenger side mirror for my van and wish to change it ....no problem just 3 studs or so i thought ....can only find one which you can get at by removing a grommet inside the vehicle cant find any access anywhere to the bottom studs .........can somebody please help or tell me where i can get some info

cheers
lobba

#2 ·
Re: mobilvetta euroyaght mirror

Hi we need a n/s mirror for a Frankia Luxury Class Fiat based motorhome (right-hand drive model) what do they cost, where can you buy them?

lobba said:
hi folks
please can somebody put me out of my misery i have bought a new passenger side mirror for my van and wish to change it ....no problem just 3 studs or so i thought ....can only find one which you can get at by removing a grommet inside the vehicle cant find any access anywhere to the bottom studs .........can somebody please help or tell me where i can get some info

cheers
lobba

#3 ·
mobilvetta euroyatch pas mirror

Hi Jimplim here, I had the same [problem].I ended up measuring the distance between the studs and drill a hole inside the cab. Only to find that you can with the greatest difficulty get to the studs from underneath,up under the wheel arch.I used a long reach socket in the end thro the hole i had drilled.Cant remember the size off hand.Check the studs on your new mirror.I did try and gain access thro the side panel by the electric window motor but it is a bit of a clat.!I put rubber bung in the new hole to tidy it up.

#4 ·
Hello,

I know this post is an old one and you might not even have the EuroYacht motor home anymore, however I do and the correct way to get the bottom two stud out of the mirrors is from the out side under the wheel arch. Socket size is 10mm. no need to drill additional holes inside the cab area. It is possible to get your arm under and use a spanner if need be.

Another think I found when unde the arch was that as well as the wiring for the electrically operated mirrors was the wiring for heated mirrors.

Behind the dash board the wiring plus plug is available for the switch too. New switch from Iveco £27.00

So it is all just Just plug and play so to speak.

Anyway this is for anyone else out there who may come across the same problem good luck and happy travelling

HMFIC

#6 ·
Hello Simon

I guess your Mobilvetta has white mirrors as mine did

I replaced both of mine but did not get them repainted I just them both in the black.

I got mine from ebay, just search "Iveco Daily mirror" and see if your match what is on line.

As I said in my post above there are three bolts on each mirror one should be accessed from inside the cab and the other two are accessed from under the whell arch. You may need to removed the inner arch which should only be rovvited in place.

Good luck

The battached was what I have just found on ebay hopefulyy the same type as yours, mine is a 1996 model

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Iveco-Tur...CommercialVehicleParts_SM&hash=item33535e6f2a

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_t...CarParts_SM&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14.l1513&_pgn=1

Paul

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.