Swift Bolero 630PR - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 20-10-2010, 23:41 Thread Starter
dc2

Swift Bolero 630PR

We are considering buying a Swift Bolero 630PR. Does anybody have any good or bad comments before we spend our life savings !! Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 21-10-2010, 00:18

Hi
We changed our Autotrail Apache for a Bolero 630EW which was just a year old, love the van but Swift warranty department are hard work. Although the van had only done 12000 miles, the pile on the carpets was flat and they look a mess, the drivers seat is fraying and some of the other upholstery is coming undone.
Swifts warranty does not cover any of the upholstery after the 1st year, I did contact Swift Customers Services but was told even though the van was only 16 months old there was no cover what so ever, not even an offer of a goodwill gesture towards replacement carpets.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 21-10-2010, 01:48

Hello dc2 and a warm welcome to MHF. May your stay with us be a long and happy one.

If you follow this route... Home>> Members List>> Find Matching Motorhomes... and enter Swift Bolero [Enter] you'll find that there are 156 member owners, 9 having the Swift Bolero 630PR. Some of those owners post very little on here but others post quite a bit and might be happy for you to make contact via a PM.

My first reaction on seeing Swift mentioned took me back to a major issue involving those MHs from around 2007 (?) The fold out door step seemed to have a habit of dropping off because the plywood floor to which it was fixed had become rotten. Swift worked hard to find and rectify the fault. I believe this was down to the sheet material used for the floor having a dampproof membrane which held water IN and caused the rot. I'm sure newer models have had this issue resolved.

As a company, Swift have developed a better than average reputation in the customer services stakes. They have their own website forum... http://www.swift-talk.co.uk/ It might be worth looking on there too.

The main website is http://www.swiftleisure.co.uk/

Good luck.

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 21-10-2010, 08:51

we have 680fb

We have a 680FB. In general the motorhome is brilliant.

We had the usual few niggles with a new motorhome and got these fixed mainly under warranty.

Expect the radio reception to be rubbish. Expect to get nothing done about it. It is a known fault

Grant
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 21-10-2010, 09:20

Hi we have just traded in our three year old Swift Bolero 680FB.

I can honestly say that we loved the MH and hardly had any trouble from it, we kept the upholstery covered as we have two dogs and on the day we took it in, it was almost like new.

We didn't have an electric step so that wasn't an issue.............I don't know if any Boleros do, but I can't recall seeing one.

Ours was a 2007/2008 model and Swift replaced the door, which had known issues.

We didn't intend to change ours and really thought we would be keeing it for a good few years yet, we saw the Burstner that we have now and fell in love with the layout and the fact that it had a garage.

But I would def recommend the Bolero, and just to add that we used ours in all weathers, and even in Winter it was cosy.

HTH
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 23-10-2010, 18:55

Read all the threads

Hi,
I would read all the threads on MHF re Swift,Besse and Ace prior to purchasing
I would say avoid 2007/8 models or any that have Nord electrical systems, check that the habitation door on any pre- owned van has been changed, look at the condition of carpets/fabrics and wall finishes as these are all really poor on 2007/8/9 vans
All of the above are well known issues and are well covered in MHF
Regards and good luck
Ray
PS Fiat Judder?
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 23-10-2010, 19:05

We have the 2009 van,cannot see any problems with the walls,or anything else for that matter.
Our opinion is it`s perfect,and would certainly buy another one

Les

My wife says i dont listen to her...........I think thats what she said.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 23-10-2010, 19:15

Re: Swift Bolero 630PR

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc2
We are considering buying a Swift Bolero 630PR. Does anybody have any good or bad comments before we spend our life savings !! Thanks
I sell loads of the Bolero's and even have them on my Hire fleet !

I have brand new and pre-owned available.

Peter
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 23-10-2010, 20:57

Personal Aire
Bolero

We have a Voyager fromm the same range, great van a few niggles all sorted by West Country Motorhomes very quickly

Carpets all poor but not rubbish, all told a great range of vans

Buy it and enjoy

Regards
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 24-10-2010, 10:07

Re: Read all the threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstream
Hi,
I would read all the threads on MHF re Swift,Besse and Ace prior to purchasing
Dc2 I think this is the best advice you've had so far. Ultimately it is your choice but if you use MHF to your advantage and get as much information as you can regarding others experiences on all the above brands then it should answer your question. Hope you enjoy your Motorhome which ever one you buy and MHF.

All the best

Keith

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page