Bye bye Compass - Hello Kontiki - Page 3 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 25-02-2006, 16:59

Congratulations Rapide 561 on your soo to be new motorhome.

OFF COURSE JABULILE GOES ON THE BED We have to think of her when buying a new motorhome
Can she get up the outside step
can she jump up onto the bed.........she's also very nosey and likes to look out of the window...........especially at the wildlife i.e. rabbits, birds etc and of course always before it gets light and sits there winging for the blind to be let down
There has to be a cupboard big enough for her food
her toys have their own space
Of course a bed in the Luton would be out of the question as she wouldn't be able to jump up and I can imagine the winging/crying that would go on if I was up there.
Its a race to see who can get onto the lounge seats first, Jabulile usually wins...........doesn't like it if I move her along a bit.
WELL IT IS HER HOME TOO
I'm sure Oscar will approve of your choice
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 25-02-2006, 17:14

Dazzyboy,

We bought our Auto-Trail at Brownhills in Newark and as I didn't want to travel up there, or rather I was going to for the first service, but even though I phone a month before could not get the MH serviced before we left on a 4 month trip just before christmas 2004, earliest was mid Jan 05. So I went to Chelston in Somerset as that was nearer to me. Brownhills service lady said I couldn't that it had to be an Auto-Trail dealer which Chelston is, so I went there. I guess another dealer could refuse to deal with you but by rights if they sell Swift then they should undertake warranty work as all warranty work is claimed back from the manufacturer. Guess your local Swift dealer is being pretty MEAN because you didn't buy from them. But then neither are encouraging you to buy from them in the future or have any future servicing done with them after the warranty period.
Its your money, go where you get the best service. At least now our MH is out of warranty so we can go where we get good service and where they will actually talk to you and explain what is going on with your vehicle.
At Chelston you have to deal with the receptionist/reception manager and not the guys who are doing the actual work. I do not like this, I prefer to be able to discuss any issues I have regarding the MH before and afterwards with the person actually doing the work. After all it is MY motorhome and I do not want 3rd hand information or no information at all, which can often be the case or misinformationfor that matter!
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 25-02-2006, 17:27

OK Rapide 561 a photo for Oscar

post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 26-02-2006, 12:43 Thread Starter

Send a message via MSN to Rapide561
Photo

Hi Rita

We are quite a way off my original topic/post, but what a lovely photo!

Rapide561
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 26-02-2006, 13:34

Sorry,

Oscar will love the large bed that the u shaped rear lounge will make.
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 26-02-2006, 13:35

Hi, I don't think it is only Swift Dealers who won't do warranty repairs on vehicles they didn't supply, if you check a reply from one of the Italian import dealers on hear, i think it was stated that there is an element within the profit that the dealer makes, that is used to cover the warranty work and when i spoke to a few Major dealers before i purchased they all implied the same sort of reaction "You need to take it back to the dealer who supplied it" I think this also applies to imports ??. As for the Fiat part this doesn't seem to be a problem, any Fiat Dealership which can get the vehicle in the workshops appears will do the work ? also on reading the manuals that came with the Fiat part it appears you can take this to any repairers as long as they use genuine Fiat parts ?? albeit i think i will stick with the Fiat agents.

An by the way Chelston have curtesy cars (albeit they don't mention this) so ask when you book in ??

As for fixed bed or not i must say that using for the last 3 months you have got to go fot the fixed bed option, i would also suggest a garage model as the amount of stuff we seem to accumulate is ??

Brian

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page