Rapido solar wiring - Page 2 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 15-09-2014, 10:27

still confused

I am still confused....

So are some of you saying you have done this.......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ds300_209.jpg (70.5 KB, 23 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 15-09-2014, 12:23

Well I have a DS520 but in any case you should connect the regulator output to the same terminal as your mains charger output. It will then show the charge on your overdoor panel

Andy
My Aire galleries HERE
Use of the tab will get you more answers

Excusez-moi si mon message est perdu dans la traduction
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 15-09-2014, 14:23

My Motorhome: Rapido 7090
Personal Aire
Quote:
"Techno100" Well I have a DS520 but in any case you should connect the regulator output to the same terminal as your mains charger output. It will then show the charge on your overdoor panel
Mine is exactly the same as Technos; we have an extra terminal between +B2 and +B1 called "Exit 12v" to which both the 240v charger and solar regulator +ve are connected.

Kev

Canoe & Kayak manufacturer/retailer

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 15-09-2014, 16:33

I think the confusion is over pin 1 fuse 7 as shown on the DS300?
This wire will go to a connection point somewhere away from the panel where a regulator can be connected. Usually 4 wires there 2 to the roof or a high level cupboard and 2 the the DS300 of which one is connected to B2 via fuse 7.
You do not have to use that remote connection if your wiring makes it more appropriate to just connect straight to the B2 terminal

Andy
My Aire galleries HERE
Use of the tab will get you more answers

Excusez-moi si mon message est perdu dans la traduction
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 14-05-2017, 10:27

My Motorhome: Rapido 7086F
Hi I've just purchased my first Rapido and looking at installing a solar panel, and mine has the pre-installed cabling so thought it would be simple to fit. So behind the wardrobe panel there are 2 6mm cables blue and red labelled with a solar panel on them, and in the battery compartment is the same, so I connected my solar panel regulator to the cables in the wardrobe and the 2 cables in the battery compartment onto the battery but I don't get any charge at the battery! any help or photo's of your setups would be appreciated.

Dave

D.S.Brookfield
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 15-04-2018, 17:04

My Motorhome: I drive...
Sorry to activate this thread again, but as a newbie I'm after some guidance on the pre-wired solar piece of my 2013 Rapido 791FF. I have a 100W solar panel ready to fit and want to clear a couple of things up first, with those who know !

In the wardrobe I have 2 wires, marked Solaire P720 and P721 - they are blue and red and appear in the garage too. I have these attached to a 15A charge controller as "panel in/charge" at one end and the Panel itself at the other.

The battery terminals on the contoller are attached to the battery with a 10A in-line fuse.

I then have the "output power/load" on the controller. There is a pair of wires in the garage called "Panneau Solaire". This is solar panel in french but where do they go to and what do they do? I don't want to assume they just go into the controller.

Any help is very welcomed as Rapido's technical wiring diagrams don't seem to be available.

Thanks all!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page