Pilote P650C axle loading figures - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-06-2019, 09:08 Thread Starter

Pilote P650C axle loading figures

I'm trying to find the figures for MiRO and equivalent axle loadings for the Pilote P650C. The Pilote data that I can find simply says 3500kg gross and 730kg load capacity for basic vehicle. This isn't really very helpful though I can use it to make some educated guesses as to axle loads if I assume the front/rear load split - but we all know what assume means!

Can anyone either point me at a source of data or else tell me what the numbers are. I'm surprised that it seems to be so difficult to find this data when other manufacturers are quite up front with it.

Mike

Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-06-2019, 21:20

My Motorhome: Hymer Exsis-i 504
Won't you get that info on the manufacturer's plate - it lists MGW, axle 1 max, axle 2 max n train weight max - I think!

Jean
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-06-2019, 21:30

My Motorhome: Pilote 740C Sensation
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumik View Post
I'm trying to find the figures for MiRO and equivalent axle loadings for the Pilote P650C. The Pilote data that I can find simply says 3500kg gross and 730kg load capacity for basic vehicle. This isn't really very helpful though I can use it to make some educated guesses as to axle loads if I assume the front/rear load split - but we all know what assume means!

Can anyone either point me at a source of data or else tell me what the numbers are. I'm surprised that it seems to be so difficult to find this data when other manufacturers are quite up front with it.

Mike
Are you asking for the unladen weight [MIRO] front and rear axle weights as supplied from the MH manufacturer? If so I do not know any manufacturer who provides that data. Making an educated guess that your MH is on the Fiat Light Chassis the maximum axle weights are front 1850kg, rear 2000kg. It is up to the user to distribute the load so that neither of those is exceeded or the MGW. Of course in the set up you describe the the sum of the individual axle weights exceeds the MGW.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 19-06-2019, 10:20 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiwawa View Post
Won't you get that info on the manufacturer's plate - it lists MGW, axle 1 max, axle 2 max n train weight max - I think!

Thanks for your response but I don't own the van or have ready access to one at present.

Mike

Mike
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 19-06-2019, 10:44 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayc View Post
Are you asking for the unladen weight [MIRO] front and rear axle weights as supplied from the MH manufacturer? If so I do not know any manufacturer who provides that data. Making an educated guess that your MH is on the Fiat Light Chassis the maximum axle weights are front 1850kg, rear 2000kg. It is up to the user to distribute the load so that neither of those is exceeded or the MGW. Of course in the set up you describe the the sum of the individual axle weights exceeds the MGW.

Thanks for your response. Indeed the maximum axle loads allowable are determined from the chassis data as you point out but without knowing what the actual loads are in the MiRO condition it is not clear how much 'spare' load capacity is left for the user payload etc.

Where I'm coming from with my query is that I am looking to buy a new van and need to be able to fit a tow bar and tow bar mounted bike rack. The rack and bikes have a mass of about 60 kg. This adds a considerable load to the rear axle of most vans (depending on overhang). I have a spreadsheet (sad I know) for my present van that enabled me to determine axle loads before confirming them on a weighbridge and proving that I could fit the tow bar. Another weighbridge visit after fitting proved that my spreadsheet was accurate so now I know where I can safely add weight.

Using my spreadsheet to predict the axle loads for various vans under fully loaded conditions indicates that they are often very close to the rear axle limit.

Mike

Mike

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page