Motorhome Facts Forum banner

3rd battery

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  raynipper 
#1 ·
Does Laika Laserhome have dedicated place to third battery?

#5 ·
If you have the space and the payload allowance left any amount of leisure batteries can fitted, it's all about the size of the connecting cables, and the relevant fusing.

Far easier is to consider how many watts you are using then work out what you actually use at the same time, and see if you can reduce that to a sensible level, I normally use quite a lot but with 2 x 125ah batteries and a 100 watt panel I'm fine, the key is when buying stuff is to get everything to run off 12v and use the inverter only for essentials.

#6 ·
Yes, that's reasonable thinking. I have lots of space where could be mounted a second leisure battery, but since I know that some campers have a dedicated place for extra battery and somewhere I read that is possible that Laikas Laserhome have some, I tried ....
Now, my leisure battery is 100 Ah. Panel already mounted by former owner is probably not bigger than 100W. Could be better.

#7 ·
What are you planning to run when off grid?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.