Where to go from here ? - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-09-2014, 22:18 Thread Starter

Where to go from here ?

OK so we have a 2004 Laika Eco Vip 2.1, Owned for the last 4 yrs

We have over the last couple of months been considering upgrading / updating due to age (not condition)

We have looked at numerous MH's but the build quality compared to our 'Laika" is appalling !

Have we been spoilt by our first MH ? ... I'm not sure !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-09-2014, 08:01

Personal Aire
As you seem pleased with the build quality of your Lanka, why not explore the whole Hymer range which would give you a very wide choice of layouts and engines. I am sure that you will already be aware that Neiman Bischoff, Hymer, Tec, Burstner, Dethleffs and a few others all come from the same family with quality build expected but with a variety of equipment levels and layouts to satisfy most needs.
I do not wish to put down any make of van but do agree with you that we in the UK who produce some well built vans, have sadly also produced many vans built down to a price with evident consequences.
I am aware that there is an attempt being made to improve the quality of materials in UK vans, to overcome a history of unforgivable damp problems, which I hope is not too late. I like many others lost confidence over recent years in UK vans, which is unfair I know, for having owned an Auto-Sleeper which was both seemingly well designed and built, I should know better.
Good luck!

Alan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page