Accelerator pedal - foot ache syndrom -Hymer 544/564 series - Page 5 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 46 (permalink) Old 18-06-2012, 17:27

My Motorhome: Hymer B 655 SL
Personal Aire
I've finished the mods to the accelerator pedal, see pics below. (Looks a little bit tidier than the rusty hinge!!).

Note that the new pedal is exactly the same distance away from the brake pedal as the old existing one, I don't know about you but I find the brake and accelerator are very close together on some Hymers.

Just another tip to help comfort on long journeys, I find that if I change the seat squab angle by one notch (either up or down) every 100 miles or so, this in effect changes the angle of your ankle on the accelerator slightly and helps stop the dreaded sore ankle during and at the end of the trip. It works for me anyway!!

Mel.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pedal_mod_3_198.jpg (38.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg pedal_mod_4__2__988.jpg (41.3 KB, 3 views)

Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.

"Wings, the band the Beatles could have been" - Alan Partridge.

There are eleven types of people in the world, those that understand Roman numerals........and those that donīt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 46 (permalink) Old 18-06-2012, 20:52

the older hymers never had a double floor and the driving position on old vans was never brilliant but you put up with it because it was a job

joe
post #43 of 46 (permalink) Old 19-06-2012, 01:40 Thread Starter

Older Hymer Accelerator Mod- Piano Hinge Type.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron1
I've finished the mods to the accelerator pedal, see pics below. (Looks a little bit tidier than the rusty hinge!!).

Note that the new pedal is exactly the same distance away from the brake pedal as the old existing one, I don't know about you but I find the brake and accelerator are very close together on some Hymers.

Just another tip to help comfort on long journeys, I find that if I change the seat squab angle by one notch (either up or down) every 100 miles or so, this in effect changes the angle of your ankle on the accelerator slightly and helps stop the dreaded sore ankle during and at the end of the trip. It works for me anyway!!

Mel.
Great stuff Mel, what are the two slot head screws I can see above the hinge for, incidentally?

Regards....Geoff123

post #44 of 46 (permalink) Old 19-06-2012, 06:49

Personal Aire
The slot headed screws are used to attach the chequer plate to the "T" hinge, I also used epoxy resin as a belt and braces insurance that the chequer plate stays where it is.

Mel.

There are eleven types of people in the world, those that understand Roman numerals........and those that donīt.
post #45 of 46 (permalink) Old 19-06-2012, 08:19

Mercedes throttle modification

From the British Engineer.
Photos of Mercedes throttle pedal modifications.
The extended throttle pedal allows multiple foot/ankle possitions to alleviate foot fatigue, the same as fitted to lorry/bus.
For high seat possitions.
I would recommend raising the floor to the required height for driver comfort with a wood block, the same as modified for disabled drivers, and again fit an extended throttle blade so the floor/throttle is ellevated. I'm in West London. 0208 4226161.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dscn2711_187.jpg (163.1 KB, 2 views)
post #46 of 46 (permalink) Old 15-06-2014, 15:32

Personal Aire
As a follow on to this thread, I have now done a few long trips touring Scotland and Europe and can honestly say that the pedal mod has made driving a lot more comfortable, not as good as cruise control but a lot cheaper!

Mel.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page