Peugeot Hymer Camp 55 (1990) - Page 2 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-07-2010, 21:53

Hi Phillip

If I remember in the notes it says to leave the fridge setting on high for 24 hours before you turn it down, have you tried this ? also I don't know if it has anything to do with temperature control but it might be worth checking to find out if the thermal coupling has anything to do with the working temperature

Like yourself I had the same type of problems which I managed to sort out and am only to pleased to pass on what I have found out.

Don't worry about donations if what I have passed on is helping you at all thats payment enough

Good luck Richard

ps some of the diagrams in manual may look different but the book does relate to vehicles on cover.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-07-2010, 22:26

Hi Phillip

Just out of curiosity check the gross weight of your van in your log book against the vin plate under the bonnet.

I say this because my log book said 2800kgs and my vin plate said 3100kgs a big difference when it comes to loading

I did get it sorted with the DVLA

Richard
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-07-2010, 20:47

Hi Phillip

In the manual I sent I think it says to light the firdge and leave it on high for 24 hours before adjusting the temprature and it should be ok . Its worth a try also worth checking to see if vents are clear and if you have a fan incorperated try the fridge with the fan on.

Just one more thing check your gross weight on your log book with your vin plate to make sure they are the same as I found that mine were different.
Richard

post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 14-07-2010, 10:41

another camp 55 owner

Hi all,

We also have a Hymer Camp 55 from 1990, with the Fiat 2.5D and about 100,000 km on the clock.

All good except the Piezo ignition (clicker) on the fridge is duff - we took it to John's Cross last year ahead of a 5month tour, they said they'd fixed it, we trusted them, turned out they didn't and we went off without the gas fridge option.

I really should have checked it before we set off... regrets! But we had plenty of other stuff to to do... Also took it into Hymer dealership in Germany who didn't really help.

Anyway, we've learnt a few bits and bobs about our van in the last 2yrs of ownership. It cost us £5k, had a few issues, but all sorted now and we've got 75% LED lighting installed which helps save batt power.

Happy to share, learn or help where necessary.

See the first 5months of tour blog for some of the EU places 'Brian' took us to.

regards,
Paul
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 14-07-2010, 12:58 Thread Starter

Peugeot Hymer Camp 55 (1990)

David,
thanks, I have done that and got it working on super cold! However I have had a problem when I turn the gas off at the bottle, sometimes I forget to turn off the gas knob on the fridge and the switch will click for half an hour while I am driving until I notice it. I think this must have a detrimental affect on the pizzo unit as the fridge hardly works on gas again. I find that I have to take the whole thing out again, resetting the two leads on the pizzo, then it works fine on gas again. At least thats my theory for now. Thanks for the tip on the gross weight, I will check it out.
best regards
Phillip

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekki
Hi Phillip

In the manual I sent I think it says to light the firdge and leave it on high for 24 hours before adjusting the temprature and it should be ok . Its worth a try also worth checking to see if vents are clear and if you have a fan incorperated try the fridge with the fan on.

Just one more thing check your gross weight on your log book with your vin plate to make sure they are the same as I found that mine were different.
Richard
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 14-07-2010, 13:04 Thread Starter

Re: another camp 55 owner

Hi, thanks for the heads up! Yours is identical to mine, even the same colour by the looks of it. I have 60,000 kms and it goes really well, though the motor is a bit noisy but has a noise suppresser mat on it.

I explained a little bit more about my fridge gas unit on another post to David just now. How did your clutch hold up? I found myself in lots of situations in narrow lanes or steep hills where I had to reverse, and it was pretty punishing on the clutch but it seems to be still holding up OK.
Awesome travels on your blog!
Phillip

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyboypaul
Hi all,

We also have a Hymer Camp 55 from 1990, with the Fiat 2.5D and about 100,000 km on the clock.

All good except the Piezo ignition (clicker) on the fridge is duff - we took it to John's Cross last year ahead of a 5month tour, they said they'd fixed it, we trusted them, turned out they didn't and we went off without the gas fridge option.

I really should have checked it before we set off... regrets! But we had plenty of other stuff to to do... Also took it into Hymer dealership in Germany who didn't really help.

Anyway, we've learnt a few bits and bobs about our van in the last 2yrs of ownership. It cost us £5k, had a few issues, but all sorted now and we've got 75% LED lighting installed which helps save batt power.

Happy to share, learn or help where necessary.

See the first 5months of tour blog for some of the EU places 'Brian' took us to.

regards,
Paul
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 14-07-2010, 14:29

Don't have a Hymer so cannot offer any advice. Just wanted to say how refreshing it is to see people going out of their way to help others on here. Not just with advice, which is fantastic, but actually printing off and sending pages of handbooks. Brilliant.
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 25-08-2010, 19:34

Hi Guys

I also have a 1990 Hymer Camp 55 based on a Citroen C25. I am having some problems with my Truma heater and boiler and was also looking for a manual in English (The one i got with the van is in German)

I have trawled the internet and cannot find one anywhere. Has anyone possibly uploaded the manual somewhere online since this thread was started? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 25-08-2010, 20:22 Thread Starter

truma boiler

I could make you a copy and post it on to you if you like. Someone else on this forum did the same for me and I would be most happy to do it for you. Just send me a mailing address.
best
Phillip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldigga
Hi Guys

I also have a 1990 Hymer Camp 55 based on a Citroen C25. I am having some problems with my Truma heater and boiler and was also looking for a manual in English (The one i got with the van is in German)

I have trawled the internet and cannot find one anywhere. Has anyone possibly uploaded the manual somewhere online since this thread was started? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 25-08-2010, 22:26

Wow quick and friendly response.That would be fantastic Philip. Would it be easier for you to upload it online somehow? I will send you my postal address and would like to pay for postage if the upload is not possible for you. Do you have a paypal account? Much appreciated. Thanks, Rob

13 Kingswood View
Belgard,
Dublin 24,
Ireland

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page