B694 - lack of Gas oven - anyone fitted after market? - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 21-04-2005, 22:08 Thread Starter

B694 - lack of Gas oven - anyone fitted after market?

We are at last picking up our "new" B694 next week. This model has a fixed bed and a bar which we are very pleased with. We can't wait. We are planning to have a refillable gas system fitted but have to wait as the supplier has run out of cylinders!!
As our machine has come directly from Germany, it does not have an oven. One suggestion was to instal one into the wardrobe wall, by the sink. Any other ideas - we want it to look as if it was intended to be there. Many thanks - love this site!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 22-06-2005, 23:11

We bought our B584 just before Christmas and was palnning on getting an oven fitted as we couldn't see ourselves without an oven.

Then we were told about a double skillet and told to try one before we spent about 700 getting an oven fitted to our Hymer. The skillet is brilliant and we wouldn't dream of taking up space and cash getting an oven fitted now.

Do a google search for double skillet and you'll see loads of stuff. They cost 40+ with delivery and are brill !!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 23-06-2005, 01:45

If you do a search there is a thread entitled 'My Hymer does not have an oven' which contains quite a lot of information (sorry don't know haw to do a link!). Personally I've never needed an oven as I can cook plenty on the hob. We do have a microwave but I can't remember the last time I used it. I suggest you try without it to see whether you need one, you can always have one fitted later

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page