Please can someone help with this question???? - Page 3 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 26-04-2005, 21:14 Thread Starter

Sorry for the delay in responding.....
Many thanks for the nice comments, it makes it worthwhile.
Well more work has been completed and as of yesterday we now have a rather posh looking carpet installed into the Hymer, I'll be putting pics on as soon as I've taken some.
Went to Peterborough at the weekend and spent some time looking around for vans with Motorhomefacts stickers so I could say Hi.... Alas I didn't see any. Did I miss something? Was there an organised get together from this site? Will there be one again?
Anyway thanks for your kind words.
Keith
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-05-2005, 23:14

kands' hymer

We picked up our "new" Hymer B694 on Friday and spent the long weekend travelling and getting to know our machine. Lots and lots of squeeks and rattles some of which we solved with sticky door insulation foam strips! However we did look under the dash to see if we have the same problem as you did Keith - quess what - WE DO! Ours is Fiat based - so it must be a common problem with both cabs. We have printed off all your messages and will keep them with us when we carry out our remedial repairs. Thank you so much for sharing the info.

We are first-timers and it was great to get the Hymer wave from vehicles travelling in the other direction - makes the time fly by!

We have also put up our Motorhomefacts disc and plan to attend the Newbury show on the Saturday. Hope to see some of you there.

WE LOVE OUR MACHINE!! Let's hope it outlasts the both of us!
Regards Jean
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-05-2005, 23:43 Thread Starter

Hi Jean
Well I must say that I am absolutely thrilled that all my efforts and information has been of some use to someone. You kinda think that you spend ages typing it all up and no-one reads it. Well I am pleased, however what you have is a fairly tough job on your hands. Do you intend to do it yourselves or will you have someone do it for you?
I assume that the actual fixing of the cab front panel to the base vehicle must be a very similar operation whichever base vehicle is used, not too many ways to skin a cat.....
If you need any assistance please feel free to get in touch, I could even be persuaded to do it for you, for a realistic consideration, now that I've finished ours (oh yes the carpet is in and it looks fantastic, pictures soon).
We went out and about in Hymer at the weekend just to "wear in" the new carpet, just day trips and picnics under the awning, but it was great fun, looking forward to going to Peterborough this weekend, to an adult only site just to see how the old boy performs, Hymer that is... If anyone fancies meeting up this weekend let me know and we can arrange something.
We are going to buy a new sink / hob combination and relaminate the worktop next so watch out for that episode folks.
Keith

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page