1992 Hymer 544 Manual - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-12-2007, 18:46 Thread Starter

1992 Hymer 544 Manual

Hymer have sent me a PDF of the English version of the manual, I would be happy to let anyone have a copy. If there is a way of posting it at the site I would be happy to oblige if somone can tell me how, if not please send me a pm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-12-2007, 19:11

Hi
Download it to the download section

>>Here,,

The button can be found on the left hand side.

Steve
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-12-2007, 21:33 Thread Starter

I tried to upload the file but it is to large (10mb). Sorry folks

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-12-2007, 21:39

Hi
Can you split it up as say part? and part?
Or can you pm it to me in a zip file?

Steve
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 13-12-2007, 23:24

Ironically, I'm leaving in about 5 hours for Germany to look at a 1988 544 and would love to see this. My business partner is German but I doubt he wants a call from me at oh-my-god-o'clock when i can't make a brew!

The full version of WinZip or WinRar (free - Google it) will let you split the files.

More selfishly, if you PM me I'll give you an email address but that isn't really the spirit of the forum. However, if you send it I'd be more than happy to then try and upload it myself or make it a little smaller if it's a fiesize limit.
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 13-12-2007, 23:43

1988 544

Thats 19yrs old. it will be very drab inside, check the rear under floor from rear wheels back with a s/driver push up? good luck, Have you tried this site . www.mobile .de
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 17-12-2007, 01:33

Siversurfa,
of course its drab. It has my grannies curtains and underneath its a Fiat van with a clever top bit. It hasn't got any cool logos like pictures of mediteranean surfers and has no oven.

OK i'm being a little harsh as you're helping me but to be honest, i based my last purchase on funky interior and ended up with 14,000.00 worth of Compass Corona caravan and completely missed the point.

For what it's worth I used mobile.de to source it. Even with the flights it's about 3K cheaper than even the private listings in the UK. It's from a dealer and it has 80K miles on it. I'm talking, (post negotiation) sub-5K so I'll use the rest to change the curtains

It will be interesting to see how many memories this kind of money and this vehicle can generate. I spent my young years touring France in a Morris Minor traveller with my folks and I remember where we went but little of what we travelled in.

There is also an irony. We started our motorhome/caravan career with an absolute heap of a Talbot Highwayman motorhome. I was convinced that a caravan and 4 x 4 was the best combination so upgraded to all mod cons. We 'progressed' to a big Lunar Delta caravan and then the afforementioned Compass but if one thing crops up around the dinner table about being out there doing it it always involves the Highwayman. So we're going back to motorhoming. Mybe I'll keep you all informed to see if the experiment worked!
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 17-12-2007, 01:53

Silversurfa,
One thing you might be able to help me with. i did check under the rear of the vehicle. All seemed to be in order. However I did notice that there seemed to be some mechanics associates with a pull out rack for bikes/scooter etc but no bumper-syle rack. Do all Hymers of this age have the parts ready to fit a pull out rack or is it an option? The reason I ask is that I would like to carry more bikes than I can with the 2 bike rack ifixed to the rear and a pull out base would help this (payload allowing).
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 11:51

Thegreatpan, any news on this translation? I'm about to contact Hymer directly to obtain a copy of the manual in English.
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 14-01-2008, 12:33

Ok now got it. It's in 2 parts, all English. I'm not sure it's the same one talked about here. This one covers 1988/89 (hand written on the front) and is for Hymercamp 51, 52, 56, Hymercar 3 VAN, Hymercamp 55, 64, Hymertramp 155, 164, Hymermobil 534, 544, 550, 554, 555, 564, 644, 660, 665 bar version, 665 seating group version, 694 bar version, 694 seating group version, 700 bar version and seating group version.

Has wiring diagrams etc.

Trouble is there's a limit of 5Mb in the upload section which seems a little drastic as any brochure or manual is likely to tip the scales the wrong side of that.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page