Hymer Water Ingress Warranty. - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

4Likes
  • 1 Post By EJB
  • 1 Post By jiwawa
  • 1 Post By EJB
  • 1 Post By Ozzyjohn

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-02-2021, 14:38 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: Hymer Exsis-t 588
Hymer Water Ingress Warranty.

Hello All,

My Hymer Exsis T- 588 (2016) has a Hymer 6 year water Ingress warranty but has to be checked by a Hymer dealer, in my case Lowdhams of Huddersfield.

The 2020 check has been cancelled three times, either by lockdowns in England or Wales (live in North Wales). The latest date has now been cancelled, 9th February 2021.

Lowdhams have tried really hard to fit me in and have also contacted Hymer for advice but they seem a bit non committal. I probably have lost the Warranty now.

Has anyone else had similar problems, either with Hymer or any other manufacturer?

Stay Safe Everyone.
Al.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-02-2021, 15:14
EJB

My Motorhome: Burstner Nexxo t620G
FWIW.
Someone....unfortunately I can't find the post on another forum....reported being fined 200 for visiting Lowdhams for Hab and Ingress check last week.
The police officer stated it was not an essential journey....they also own a car.
sennen523 likes this.

Ted.
I try and state simple facts in a nice way.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-02-2021, 17:09

My Motorhome: Hymer Exsis-i 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJB View Post
FWIW.
Someone....unfortunately I can't find the post on another forum....reported being fined 200 for visiting Lowdhams for Hab and Ingress check last week.
The police officer stated it was not an essential journey....they also own a car.
I saw that Ted n I'm pretty sure it was 200 EACH for him and the wife.

If it's illegal to go you'd think hymer would extend the warranty - or at least keep it in place so long as you have the inspection done when it is possible. Fingers crossed.
sennen523 likes this.

Jean

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-02-2021, 17:19 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: Hymer Exsis-t 588
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJB View Post
FWIW.
Have seen that on another forum as well, haven't got any sympathy for them at all and Lowdhams is closed anyway.
Makes you wonder????

Al.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-02-2021, 09:52
EJB

My Motorhome: Burstner Nexxo t620G
The Burstner forum suggests that the manufacturer is extending warrantees when the owner requests it.
sennen523 likes this.

Ted.
I try and state simple facts in a nice way.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-02-2021, 14:47

My Motorhome: Frankia Platin I8400QD
I emailed Frankia when our first annual damp inspection was likely to be delayed beyond the two month grace period stipulated in the warranty. They replied promptly telling me that the warranty would be honoured as long as the inspection was carried out when COVID restrictions (and dealer availability) permitted. In our case we managed to get it done when the lockdown was lifted during the summer.

Reminds me that I suppose I should start taking steps to book in for this year - I expect there will be significant pressure on motorhome workshop schedules when the current lockdown eases.

Regards,
John
sennen523 likes this.

If only I could think of an original, witty signature . . . this is where it would be . . .

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page