Hymer B584 ad opinions? - Page 3 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 42 (permalink) Old 26-02-2019, 10:26 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: Hymer Classic B584
Just bought the airfare a few hours ago, so Iíll find out in May. Yes, definitely an element of risk. I could be spending my whole holiday fixing things.

The dealer isnít open past 1pm and any delivery past that time has been going to the landlords office. Theyíve been questioning wether Iím using it as a postal address. So no more deliveries. Bit of a nuisance as there are still more things I want to get. Can get some in person, but some places sell internet only.
Pudsey_Bear likes this.

Last edited by wfdTamar; 26-02-2019 at 10:33.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 42 (permalink) Old 31-05-2019, 06:54

My Motorhome: I drive...Auto Trail Navajo
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by wfdTamar View Post
Just bought the airfare a few hours ago, so Iíll find out in May. Yes, definitely an element of risk. I could be spending my whole holiday fixing things.

The dealer isnít open past 1pm and any delivery past that time has been going to the landlords office. Theyíve been questioning wether Iím using it as a postal address. So no more deliveries. Bit of a nuisance as there are still more things I want to get. Can get some in person, but some places sell internet only.
Have I missed something?
It's May, almost June, are you in the UK?

I'm Jan
We learn something new every day.
post #23 of 42 (permalink) Old 31-05-2019, 07:11 Thread Starter

Hi Jan. Yes, that previous post was in Feb. I picked up the Hymer 3rd May, had a few weeks in the UK (awful traffic there). Actually got a pretty good deal. The only thing wrong with it was the gearbox on the awning is worn out (got a new one coming) and the fridge is a bit finicky deciding which mode to work in (it's an AES one). Even the batteries seem ok which is good considering they're 6 & 10 years old. It's in excellent mechanical and body condition. Worst thing about the interior is the carpet is grotty and curtains faded, but everything works. Had a few issues which worried me at the time they happened in the UK (as ferry trip was close) with loose electrical connections (leisure battery not charging from alternator and water pump not working), but sorted both out.

Currently fitting extras and doing standard maintenance while doing a house sit with room to work now I'm in Brittany for a few weeks.
raynipper and JanHank like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to wfdTamar For This Useful Post:
JanHank (31-05-2019)

post #24 of 42 (permalink) Old 31-05-2019, 07:58

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
Good news that you are happy with the deal. Although your list of 'faults' seem a little worrying. I'm sure you can manage most being a handyman but the gearbox might be an expensive problem??

Ray.

The FSA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our lifeīs savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. http://raynipper.com
Brexit is madness orchestrated by the insane.
post #25 of 42 (permalink) Old 31-05-2019, 09:11

Itís the gearbox for the awning, Ray. Do keep up 😂
JanHank likes this.

MHO.

www.motorhomeowners.org

WWW . MOTORHOMEOWNERS .ORG

http://www.motorhomeowners.org/

100% FREE and NO ADVERTS

Never yet met a Yank I couldn't take an immediate dislike to, and the way this forum is going Iíll add those a bit northwards too.

Burstner Nexxo T660
The Following User Says Thank You to Sprinta For This Useful Post:
raynipper (31-05-2019)
post #26 of 42 (permalink) Old 31-05-2019, 09:15

Ohhhhhhhhh, thanks. Durrrrrrrr.

Ray.

The FSA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our lifeīs savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. http://raynipper.com
post #27 of 42 (permalink) Old 31-05-2019, 09:45

Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynipper View Post
Ohhhhhhhhh, thanks. Durrrrrrrr.

Ray.
Ive been busy doing wimmins work otherwise I would have told you that.
Typical of a lot of men, jump to conclusions before you've read the instructions properly.
raynipper likes this.

I'm Jan
post #28 of 42 (permalink) Old 31-05-2019, 09:58 Thread Starter

Yup. Awning gearbox teeth are worn. New one is Ä60. May not even use the awning much as you can't have it out in aires as that is considered camping. I'm too cheap to pay for a campsite if I don't have to (only reason I can think is to top up the leisure battery if I needed to) and I don't like the Butlins Holiday Camp feel.

The fridge just means every now and then you see the red light (meaning it didn't start on gas) and you have to restart it to get it to light.

The leisure battery not charging was a loose connection above the starter battery, easy once I had a bit of time to troubleshoot. The hab water pump just stopped one morning, I got on facebook motorhome groups and someone suggested 'hit it with a piece of wood'. I tapped it with my hand and it worked. Then I found where someone had done a dodgy spade connector. Sorted that and it's fine.

There's some superficial rust on some bits underneath so I've been crawling under there with anti rust goo, then a big pot o' black bituminous goop (way more than I need), slapping that on. A luverly job that one. It looks like it has been completely covered in a white/grey underseal at some stage unless that's the factory coating. There's zero structural rust.
raynipper likes this.
post #29 of 42 (permalink) Old 31-05-2019, 10:00

Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by wfdTamar View Post
Hi Jan. Yes, that previous post was in Feb. I picked up the Hymer 3rd May, had a few weeks in the UK (awful traffic there). Actually got a pretty good deal. The only thing wrong with it was the gearbox on the awning is worn out (got a new one coming) and the fridge is a bit finicky deciding which mode to work in (it's an AES one). Even the batteries seem ok which is good considering they're 6 & 10 years old. It's in excellent mechanical and body condition. Worst thing about the interior is the carpet is grotty and curtains faded, but everything works. Had a few issues which worried me at the time they happened in the UK (as ferry trip was close) with loose electrical connections (leisure battery not charging from alternator and water pump not working), but sorted both out.

Currently fitting extras and doing standard maintenance while doing a house sit with room to work now I'm in Brittany for a few weeks.

As I am not at all interested in the gas, awning and all that other mens stuff I would like to know how you are passing the rest of your free time, do you have animals to look after as well as house and garden? Are you taking little trips in the van or do you have access to a car.
I am very nosy interested in what your up to all on your lonesome young man

I'm Jan
post #30 of 42 (permalink) Old 31-05-2019, 11:33

Oh Jan. My turn to ask how can he have any animals brought from OZ.? Or even take them back?

Ray.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page