Fitting a Ducato Multifunction steering wheel - Page 2 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 13-03-2019, 09:00

My Motorhome: I drive...
So I just did this on a Ducato 2008. I was scrapping a broken Citroen Relay so bought a replacement Ducato. I wanted my old Citroen Relay steering wheel, which had the radio controls to go on this Ducato. Which required using the Citroen squib, air bag and steering wheel together as the Ducato squib cant plug into the Citroen stuff etc. After removing the Ducato wheel and squib I could see that there appeared to be enough wires already present to enable the radio controls. So because I couldn't be bothered to remove the dash and find loom connections etc I just cut the Ducato wires at the plug to the squib and reconnected (twiddled and taped) them one at a time to the Citroen squib plug. There was two spare wires coming from the Citroen, which just in case I wired into a new twin core cable, which I fed down the steering column. However once all the was put back together the radio controls and everything else worked straight off. No messing with the ECU needed!. Now I have a Relay badge on my Ducato steering wheel! Any ideas what the two spare wires are for, both brownish?

Last edited by i.dannymay; 13-03-2019 at 09:08.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 16-03-2019, 00:26

My Motorhome: Hymer Exsis-i 504
This is all double dutch to me i.dannymay! But I did just want to say welcome to the forum - especially as you seem to know what you're talking about!

Hopefully someone will be able to answer your question.

Jean

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page