Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/)
-   Hymer Motorhomes (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/60-hymer-motorhomes/)
-   -   S520 Hymer owner info needed (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/60-hymer-motorhomes/200850-s520-hymer-owner-info-needed.html)

Tanex 04-12-2016 19:37

S520 Hymer owner info needed

Bought a 1996 Hymer S520 that arrived with no second battery nor any visible wiring as to where one should go. I see there is a space under the passengers seat but would like confirmation that this is where they should be. Do any S520 owners have a photo of the battery position. It would appear that it NEVER had a second battery. Very odd. The Electroblok is under the drivers seat. It is a LHD model and oddly has been converted to Euro 4.ny S520 that can help?

BillCreer 04-12-2016 23:07

Are you saying that there is only an engine battery and no leisure battery in the habitation area?

Tanex 05-12-2016 04:12

Yes Healthy Varta battery under the bonnet. Indicator over rear door only registers one battery.

Drew 05-12-2016 11:16

Hi Tanex,

I'm not acquainted with your vehicle, however on my original Hymer B544, 1993 the habitation battery was located under the floor between the passenger seat and the passenger door. The habitation battery charger was under the passenger seat.

Sorry I cannot be more helpful.

bc109 06-12-2016 09:56

Just a thought.......if you can locate the inline 50Amp spade fuse next to the vehicle battery, it might be useful to remove this and see if any 12volt systems are still available within the accommodation. If so....there may be a second battery lurking somewhere. If not....there is no second battery.

Drew 06-12-2016 10:07

Am I reading this post wrong? I take it that the OP is stating that there is no habitation battery, or is he telling us that there is only one habitation battery?

rayrecrok 06-12-2016 10:35

On my Hymer there are two leisure batteries, one under the passenger seat and one under the drivers seat... plus one I had fitted under side bench, all three bought together with the same output and fitted by a Hymer dealer in Huddersfield..

It would be strange for there not to be a habitation battery, maybe a previous owner took it out to save buying a new one, which would make him "daft like brush!"..

ray.

EJB 06-12-2016 11:32

Drew...no hab battery!

Tanex....If there is space under one of the seats for it presumably the last owner simply removed it?

BillCreer 06-12-2016 14:54

Does it have an Electroblok control unit? i.e. the box that distributes the 12v power and where most of the fuses are.

bc109 06-12-2016 18:24

My Hymer 550 has a weird tier of small shelves behind the driver's seat which hides the heating pipe and also the habitation battery.
Anything like that to investigate ?