Fault list, Toilet filling up, Door Handle/lever.Vent leak - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-06-2014, 18:11 Thread Starter

Fault list, Toilet filling up, Door Handle/lever.Vent leak

Re Hymer A class 2003

Every year I make a list of defects that have occurred to be fixed usually in the winter.
The reason for publishing is that I hope these issues have arisen before and someone will have knowledge of a source of spares and procedural matters on replacement.

The list .

1. I've partly broken the habitation door handle/lever (same one fitted to the big under bed locker).

2. The small roof vent has leaked once. The seal between the roof and the vent frame was replaced 3 years ago. There is a seal between the fixed and opening part and this has become broken and fragmented.

3. Yesterday we noticed the toilet bowl was filling up with fresh water (un-aided by us!). Temporary solution, pull the fuse out of the pump when not required.

Here's hoping
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-06-2014, 11:11

Send a message via MSN to premiermotorhomes
Good morning Borisd0,

If you require assistance with spare parts I can help, however I will require either your VIN or Hymer serial number which you can PM to me to be able to accurately locate your motorhome on the parts system.

Alternatively, you can select your preferred Hymer dealer here: http://www.hymer.com/en/service-area...&filter=trader.

Regards,
Chris

Chichester, West Sussex, PO20 7BU 01243 511189

Members of Checkatrade, Trading Standards Buy With Confidence. NCC Approved Dealership & Approved Workshop.

If my post has helped you, please click thanks!
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-06-2014, 11:36

My Motorhome: Burstner Delphin Performance T821
Personal Aire
Item 2 should be available here.

http://www.leisureshopdirect.com/

I had a similar problem controlling the flow (ie stopping it running) on my C200 toilet. It was a faulty switch (behind the push button). Also available from the link.

Nil Desperandum Illegitemide Carborundum

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 13-06-2014, 06:04 Thread Starter

Thanks both for your responses, I'll follow them upon my return from our continental tour.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 13-06-2014, 07:37

Is the toilet filling fast as if the switch is pressed or just a trickle/drip?
If fast then 747 is probably right.
Ours was just slow, which was caused by the solenoid valve not closing properly.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 13-06-2014, 13:16

Dripping toilet

We had a problem with the toilet filling up. We found a fix that involved pressing the flush whilst holding a cloth over the point where the water came into the bowl. It stopped the dripping. Useful as we were away on holiday at the time. I think we had a problem with the solenoid valve not closing properly.
I found this fix on motorhomefacts somewhere!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 13-06-2014, 19:35 Thread Starter

djp30

That sounds a good idea, I'll try it. We are on holiday at the moment and am reluctant to dismantle the bowl until we get home.

From what I have read I think the electric valve is not closing/sealing properly so whenever a tap is opened to start the pump and then closed, the residual pressure forces water passed the valve into the toilet bowl albeit gradually and eventually fills it.

Thanks for the suggestion.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 13-06-2014, 20:52

Dripping toilet

You don't need to dismantle the toilet, just lift the seat, the nozzle is clearly visible. Just hold a cloth hard against it. I think what happens is when you press the flush it increases the pressure in the supply which somehow makes the solenoid close properly.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 13-06-2014, 21:19

Thetford solution for toilet leak

Quote:
Hi Carol, I hope your problem is resolved, but if it re-occurs try the given to me by Thetford. Hold something over the outlet ( two fingers! or a cloth etc) and press the flush. Do this 2 or 3 times to release any trapped grit etc. This cleared my problem.

Best of luck, Gary
I found the above in motorhome chitchat. It's where I found the fix for our loo. It certainly worked. If we'd kept the van long enough we'd have had the loo checked out at the next service. The problem didn't recur so maybe it was a bit of grit which was dislodged.

Hope you sort yours out.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 16-06-2014, 05:51 Thread Starter

astartup.

I must tell you and thank you, your suggestion has solved the problem, time will tell if it is a temporary not.

Thanks again.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page