Join Date: May 2005
My Motorhome: La Strada Nova M
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well, it's been a busy afternoon. I dismantled the bed curtains and the wooden blind casing, and set to work on the blinds themselves.
I took out the top slat, the one attached to the roller itself as that seemed to be a trifle bent, although I'm uncertain if that was my doing. With a lot of fiddling I've managed to attach the sprung metal clips which attach the blind to the roller to the 'new' top slat. [This job would be a lot easier with the whole lot out of the van, as they'd slide on the the ends of the slats easily, I think.]
Then I found two of the slats near the top had begun separating, and that did take some patient sorting, but it seems OK for now!
Anyway, it now seems to work, and a bit more smoothly, but not as well as would be ideal. Also, for reasons I can't yet fathom, it doesn't retract as far as it did - in fact only to about 3" below the push-pull stops which one is meant to use to prevent it descending inadvertently while you're driving along. I can push it up and use the stops, but previously it went right up to the top of the screen.
Any further thoughts on this welcomed!