A class driver / passenger door glass, HELP please - Page 2 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 14-01-2015, 20:47

My Motorhome: Flogged it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanFlair
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppo
The best bet if you want to replace with double glazing is to try and do what Alan has just said, source a coach repairer or double glazing firm who can make you a new one.

On Hymers the cost of a new from window from hymer is around 1500 without fitting, shocking rip off.

A lot of people just re[place with laminated single glazed for this reason.

I have never understood why they still build them with double glazed glass, they all blow after a few years, speaking to a couple last year they showed me their 100+ thousand pound hymer with all side windows blown, only 1 year old and the dealer was fobbing them off.

Good luck
I guess the reason that they still build them with double glazed side windows is that they are certainly warmer when its cold outside and they dont steam up, well not on the inside of the van anyway.

I notice on the new Niesmann and Bischoff Flair they bond a big of glass onto the bodywork and then the double glazed area bonded to the inside of this, might not make sense to the reader and only time will tell if its more reliable.

Martin

Hi Martin.

So the outer layer is single glazed glass and the inner double glazed . That's a good idea I think but only time will tell as you say, all the weather a motorhome has to take especially if stored outside all the year like most are. I can only imagine if only the single glazed outer part is exposed to the weather then the inner double glazed will last much longer.

Did that start on the 2014 niesmann models then?

They must have listened to customer feedback here.

On the expensive 2013 Hymer starline costing well in excess of 100 grand we saw last year in Cornwall certainly wasn't built like this. Just thin double glazing on side cab and hab door, blown all around.

Paul.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 14-01-2015, 21:40 Thread Starter

Thanks Martin,
Unlike many a class MH's, our Euramobil has driver and passenger doors with electric windows. It would have been an easy fix had it been just a fixed window. Personally I like having these doors rather than only the habitation door. We did have a few instances of fogging between the two layers of glass which is a niggle as you can't simply wipe it away !
Cheers, Dave
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 21-03-2015, 22:49

glass

my new side window is coming from euramobil in Germany should be here this week autoglass found it

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page