Anyone got an Elddis Aspire? - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-06-2011, 19:39 Thread Starter

Anyone got an Elddis Aspire?

I have searched and searched all kinds of sites on the web and cannot find anyone who has the Elddis Aspire motor-home. They look great online. I'm out of the UK so would like to chat to someone who knows this van. Is there anyone? And how is Elddis Customer Service?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-06-2011, 20:38
ob1

My Motorhome: Chausson Welcome 630
I would not recommend that you look any further. They do look the part but sadly they will be next to useless as a motorhome for most people. With payloads of just 200/214 or 240kg, depending on which model, you will not have enough weight available to carry a toothbrush. Sorry!
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-06-2011, 21:32

Agree in standard guise. However, I thought they offered a chassis upgrade now...see options list.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-06-2011, 01:49 Thread Starter

Yes, the upgrade offers a very substantial payload. This is no longer an issue. But is there a single person in the UK who has bought one?
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-06-2011, 08:44

Send a message via MSN to Rapide561
Aspire

Hi

I can't recall when the model was launched but it is quite recent and so will be quite rare.

There was only for sale on Cleveland Motorhome's website.

Have you tried the Elddis owners club? (If there is one!)

Russell
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-06-2011, 08:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosbotham
Agree in standard guise. However, I thought they offered a chassis upgrade now...see options list.
Strewth!! 1140 quid to correct what has to be considered a basic design cock-up!!

The image (from the Elddis website) that intriges me is attached. What a strange arrangement for the bed base support and the underbed storage! Unless the bed base lifts easily to the vertical it will be very a inconvenient grovel to get at anything in there.

I'd be very interested to see one in the flesh, as it does look a very attractive van in most other ways.

Dave
Attached Images
File Type: jpg storage_986.jpg (93.3 KB, 0 views)
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-06-2011, 09:04

I saw an Aspire at Stratford last week but only from the outside, wife commented how nice it looked.. Didnt go in to look...
Recently it's been in a magazine (C&CC ??) and like others I noted the very poor payload and the fact it was only 3300kg gross/mam..

The link to the upgrade posted by OB1 shows £1,900 for 3500kg upgrade !!!!!!!!!!! .. I reckon thats only a paperwork exercise ( needs checking) so maybe only about £250 with SV Tech.
Upgrading the power may also be an option via a re-map or tunig box for a few hundred quid as well.. A big saving against nearly £2k..
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-06-2011, 09:41

I seem to remember it was reviewed in the latest isssue of the C&CC magazine. It didn't even comment on the payload issue.
Maybe if someone's still got their copy they could rip out the page and mail it to you? (Think I've chucked ours out now).

Nice looking van, would be totally useless to us with the original payload. But if it can be upgraded then that make it worth considering again.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-06-2011, 10:59 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hezbez
I seem to remember it was reviewed in the latest isssue of the C&CC magazine. It didn't even comment on the payload issue.
Maybe if someone's still got their copy they could rip out the page and mail it to you? (Think I've chucked ours out now).
Thank you. Has anyone got that review? Or is it available online? Still can't find anyone who's actually purchased this van!
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-06-2011, 11:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonka
The link to the upgrade posted by OB1 shows £1,900 for 3500kg upgrade !!!!!!!!!!! .. I reckon thats only a paperwork exercise ( needs checking) so maybe only about £250 with SV Tech.
Not quite. On the smaller Aspire the £1900 buys you a chassis upgrade 3300kg-->3500kg, and an engine upgrade. You're right (I think) that the chassis is a paper exercise. I guess you could get the engine remapped more cheaply, but you'd probably also wave byebye to your warranty as a consequence.

On the bigger ones, I'm assuming the upgrade 3500-->4000 buys you an upgrade to the heavy chassis rather than just different paperwork/plating.

That's not to comment one way or the other whether these are good value for money. I'd agree that they should be standard feature, not upgrades.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page