Windscreen blind - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-06-2011, 15:49 Thread Starter

Windscreen blind

Hi,
I have Autoquest 180. The front curtains are bit mad, with the roller coaster rails to draw them. I have seen some pleated blinds on some vans. Anyone any experience?

Ian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-06-2011, 17:28

Ours were already on the van when we bought it. I believe they are not cheap to install, but better than curtains. They work well, but the condensation was bad in the mornings in winter. We bought tailor-made screen and use all the time, summer or winter and whilst the van is on the drive. Blocks out the heat of the sun on sunny day, but has a drop down panel so can be opened whilst in situ. No condensation during the winter. I would save yourselves a fortune and get silver screen type product. We rarely use the blinds now, only if we happen to do an overnighter on a car park when using the screen isnt ideal.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-06-2011, 19:54

We have the pleated blinds - factory fitted in the van - I think they are very good. We've never really felt a great need for silver screens (even in winter) when using them. Condensation not bad at all - but that may because we sleep in the rear lounge quite a bit away from the cab. However I do think they are pretty expensive to retrofit.

What about something like this?

http://www.thedometiccentre.co.uk/ma...-blinds-1.html

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-06-2011, 20:04

My Motorhome: AutoTrail V-Line 635 SE
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caggsie
Ours were already on the van......but the condensation was bad in the mornings in winter. ..... I would....get silver screen type.....
Like Caggsie, we have horizontal blinds factory fitted, but found that the longer we used them the weaker they became.

I try never to use them now in favour of a silver screen, and condensation is a thing of the past.

However, silver screens cut out a lot of light during the day, even with the top section pulled down.

John

For lust of knowing what should not be known
We take the Golden Road to..........................
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-06-2011, 06:52

roller blind

Hi Ihave the roller blind which Hezbez posted about great bit of kit quite easy to fit to my Fiat X250 more than happy with it and a good price compared to the other type
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-06-2011, 07:33 Thread Starter

Re: roller blind

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommag
Hi Ihave the roller blind which Hezbez posted about great bit of kit quite easy to fit to my Fiat X250 more than happy with it and a good price compared to the other type
Hi, thanks for that. On the web site it is a bit unclear. My van is 2011 model and right hand drive. Is this similar to your set up? Does the blind pull from the bottom or the top?

Cheers.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-06-2011, 07:38

Blind

Hi Tomo it pulls from the bottom and clips on to the top of the sun visors Ihave a LHD but I do not think it makes any differance LHD or RHD

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page