Elldis 140 - noisy wind - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 31-03-2011, 19:32 Thread Starter

Elldis 140 - noisy wind

Hi - new to this forum - we have an Elldis 140 [our third MH from the Explorer Group] generally satisfied bit the road nose through the ventaliation hatch is appalling at 60+ mph. I have a temp solution - tape on the outside. has anybody else suffered and what did they do?

Simon1504
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 31-03-2011, 21:20

Eldis 140 - wind noise

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your problem, our 140 had similar problem with the habitation door. This proved to be a poor fitting door. We adjusted it and the noise has gone.

I suggest you look very carefully at the fitting (on the outside). If all seems correct, it might be worth considering buying a wind deflector. Fit this adjacent to the leading edge. We had one on a previously owned Bessacarr.

It could also be worth looking very carefully at the sealing around the joint while you are up there.

We are looking at doing a mod on the shower drain pipe on our 140, have you any experience on this?

Cheers

Molenoux
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 31-03-2011, 21:41

Re: Eldis 140 - wind noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molenoux
We are looking at doing a mod on the shower drain pipe on our 140, have you any experience on this?
I could never persuade our 140 shower to drain...basic laws of physics the pipe looped pretty much to the level of the showertray so it you weren't quite pitched level, it was never going to drain.

In the end I simply disconnected the drain pipe and substituted a short length that I put directly to a bucket when we wished to use the shower.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 31-03-2011, 21:46

Hi Rosbottham

Thanks for that, I think I agree very much with what you said. Its just that so far we have not needed to use the shower facility yet and looking at the pipework underneath, I do wonder if will work.

Cheers

Molenoux
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 31-03-2011, 22:05

Hi Molenoux,

I haven't had any problems with wind noise on my 2010 Autoquest 140, just a few problems holding it on the road when the wind is coming sideways on!

I agree with everything that has been said about the shower drainage, its dismal.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-04-2011, 08:29 Thread Starter

Many thanks for all your comments - I have been looking for a wind deflector for the roof - it appears I will have to use a sunroof deflector.

We also have problems with the habitation door - getting it to lock - it has been back to the dealers a couple of times and is due to get new rubber next week.

We also have trouble with the shower drain - eventually it does go but it takes time! an earlier problem we had with the kitchen sink was fixed by rerouting the drain.

Whilst we are generally happy the overall build has not been up to the standard of our previous MHs from Explorer

Simon
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 23-05-2011, 20:44

Hi Marrabone again,

Have just had a rethink about the noise coming in near habitation door.

Could it not be coming in through the two vents in the doorstep well?

Regards

Molenoux
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 28-05-2011, 13:52

Hi Molenoux,

Yes l think that's highly likely. It doesn't bother me too much but sometimes on certain road surfaces l have to slow down and turn my head to check that the door is secure. Of course it always is!

Marrabone.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 28-05-2011, 18:56

My Motorhome: Burstner Delphin Performance T821
Personal Aire
As a former owner of an Autoquest 120, can I add a couple of things.

Most of the noise comes from the 2 vents in the footwell. What we did was to use a couple of plastic, zipped bags and fill them with unimportant items, like towels etc and drop them into the well while travelling. It made a huge difference. I believe the bags were originally the packaging for towels or blankets.

Another problem we had when the van was barely 2 years old was that the composite hinges for the hab door/flyscreen became a bit stiff. It was in fact only the bottom one. It gets dirt thrown up from the front wheel and starts to seize. I believe that the W5 Silicone spray (sold by Wilkos) is the right sort of stuff to keep it lubricated.

Nil Desperandum Illegitemide Carborundum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page