Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/)
-   Explorer Group (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/58-explorer-group/)
-   -   water tank overflow (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/58-explorer-group/186426-water-tank-overflow.html)

SunnyDunnyrider 17-06-2016 20:54

water tank overflow

Does any body know how to cap a Elddis Autoquest 175 water tank overflow outlet ? losing so much water on the road leaves me with just half tank of water after an hour or 2 driving . Model year 2014 .
Appriecate any advice please.

Devonboy 18-06-2016 13:05

Sounds like a design issue. Have you asked the manufacturer. I would expect any overflow pipe to be to be designed such that it only passes water when the tank is full. They are usually fitted to the top of the tank so normal driving should not pose a problem.

cabby 18-06-2016 13:10

We have had this subject before and I suggested that the overflow pipe does not rise above the tank top level and is best with a loop in it. so it can come out of the side of the tank near the top, but then needs to rise up to above the tank level and then drop down to drain away.This is what ours does.

cabby

nicholsong 18-06-2016 14:06

I just wonder whether the overflow pipe was secured higher with a clip or cable-tie and this has given way, thus allowing the pipe to drop lower?

Can you trace the pipe run?

Just my thoughts.

Geoff

Pudsey_Bear 18-06-2016 15:45

I had this on the Laika tank, my cure was to attach a 2 foot hose and make it into a coil, put it as high as possible, only lost a drop or two afterwards

Pudsey_Bear 18-06-2016 15:46

I had this on the Laika tank, my cure was to attach a 2 foot hose and make it into a coil, put it as high as possible, only lost a drop or two afterwards.

Keep the open end high, if it drops down you could end up with a syphon.

Pudsey_Bear 18-06-2016 15:47

I had this on the Laika tank, my cure was to attach a 2 foot hose and make it into a coil, put it as high as possible, only lost a drop or two afterwards.

Keep the open end high, if it drops down you could end up with a syphon.

jiwawa 18-06-2016 18:24

Haha Kev - I see you're getting carried away now that you've got back in!!

Pudsey_Bear 18-06-2016 18:54

I'll need carrying away before long if I have to keep reporting on what I can't do :( :(

Do like the new name though.

What's it stand for, I mean the JWW? 3 instead of 7 took a bit of working out but I got there :roll: :roll:

jiwawa 18-06-2016 19:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev_n_Liz (Post 2094281)
...What's it stand for, I mean the JWW? 3 instead of 7 took a bit of working out but I got there :roll: :roll:

Just my initials - nothing interesting!