Anyone took the table out? - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-10-2011, 14:05 Thread Starter

Anyone took the table out?

We have a Burstner Solano which we love but it would be nice to be able to remove the (fixed) table sometimes to give us more room.
Has anyone ever had a go at this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-10-2011, 14:26

Hi
We have a Burstner Elegance from Camper UK, they took the table out for us before we took delivery, Alan there also put legs on it and made some storage clips in the garage so we could store it there and use it when we wanted, however we bought a very light weight fold up table and have never used the original. We now have loads of room.
Lindjan
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-10-2011, 14:27

We don't have a Solano but have taken the table out of our Chausson.

In our case we are left with a number of small holes from screws and a mark where the table leg has rubbed the floor covering. We have covered this with a mat. We now have a Fiamma tripod + leg and a circular table top. The table top travels tucked below our Raskelf topper and the leg is held using velcro against the wall behind the passenger seat.

It gives us much more moving about space and the table is moved to where we want it at meal times. Two can eat comfortably and we bring in our outside table for more than 2.

Jan

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-10-2011, 16:20 Thread Starter

Sounds good to me, I think we will definitely look into it now. Most of the time we like having a big table and being able to move it in and out and left and right it useful but in the evening after we've eaten it would be nice to take it out the way to give us more room and not leave one person 'pinned' in as it were. Thanks for the replies, I appreciate you taking the time to reply.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-10-2011, 16:23

My Motorhome: Hymer B544SL
Similar to Bozzer. Hymer has a very large fixed table. Had one made to my measurements by Rainbow Conversions. Use Fiamma base screwed to the floor where the original base was located with Fiamma tube and socket fitted to underneath of table. Easy to put up when stopping for a beak or for the night. Taken down when travelling.

You can also use it outside with a portable folding tripod from Fiamma.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-10-2011, 16:44

My friend Briarose has the Solano and they too have taken their table out to make more room. However, she is struggling to find a suitable temporary replacement for those occasions when a table would be handy and so I guess this post and the suggestions given will be of particular interest to her when she next logs into the forum.

We have the Burstner Elegance and love the large, moveable table as we find it so useful - but like a lot of you say, there are times when we really wish we could easily store it away to make more room but sadly, it seems to be all or nothing with these large dining table set ups! I wish the manufacturers would design a table that would quickly and easily lower into the floor or something equally as simple, especially for those times when we require more space and that way we wouldn't have to worry about storing large heavy tables or getting them in and out every time we wanted to use them.

Sue
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-10-2011, 22:01

Hi as Sue has said, we have a Solano. From the minute we got it we tried to live with the large table, but it is huge. All last winter we used it and then in the Spring my Husband shouted to me to come and look at the motorhome........the table is easily removed in just a few minutes and I was shocked now big the living area looked.

The space removing the table has made a huge difference, but as Sonesta said it has been difficult to find something that replaces it. We are still looking LOL and to be honest I haven't missed the table one bit during the Summer months.

We met a couple with more or less the same layout Aviano, and once they saw the difference removing the table, the Husband went straight back to his pitch on the camp site and took theirs out.

I wish manufacturers like Burstner would come up with a alternative for those of us that don't want the living area took up with such a huge table.

Just to add although yes there are a few little holes where screws have been in the floor, it is barely noticeable.......try it and I am sure you will be surprised at the huge difference it makes, and if you don't like it without the table nothing is lost.......if you do like it, you will be shocked at the weight of the table support...........extra weight for clothes and make up etc ROFL
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-10-2011, 22:41

My Motorhome: Hymer B644
We have been looking at some new motorhomes with a front dinette euro lounge layout and have noticed how much room the table takes up.Most are fixed in position with adjustments possible.

We did see one that had a removable table and were surprised at the amount of space made available when it was taken out,the lounge area seemed to be significantly bigger.

Perhaps a couple of boom arm tables that can be folded out of the way may be a better option.Manufacturers seem to think that we want to sit at the table all the time but as this thread shows this is not always the case.

cheers Steve
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-10-2011, 22:59

My Motorhome: 2013 Hymer 680 MB
The last three new m/hs the first thing to do was to remove the fixed table and support.

tony.

WARNING.!!... The above post may contain an opinion

Academia and government artificially select for particular traits, among which is a lack of life experience. This is why it's possible for a person to be exceptionally bright while failing to grasp something as rudimentary as supply and demand.

Intellectuals: All engine, no map.

post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-10-2011, 07:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by javea
Similar to Bozzer. Hymer has a very large fixed table. Had one made to my measurements by Rainbow conversions
me too!!!

we stow the large family table, behind the drivers seat ( using clips)
and with table clips and a new leg , attach the 600mm x 600mm
table, simples

we only use the big table for meals inside, as required .

got a bigger dinette now!

neill
dining in Cambridge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page