Anyone took the table out? - Page 2 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-10-2011, 10:18

Took it out of my dethleffs globevan and use a overbed table for the 2 of us.It swivels down and easy to store.
Used the fixings from table and created a lounger with a shorter piece of chipboard.The original table created a 3rd berth when dropped to low level.A lot better more room.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-11-2012, 21:03

My Motorhome: Burstner Elegance
On one I821 Elegance we looked at the table had been converted into a drop leaf style. I was thinking of doing the same with ours but the sliding rails underneath if left in place wouldn't give us that much moor room anyway. We have took it out altogether and put it in the garage at home. What a difference it's made.

Regards

Dill
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-11-2012, 21:35

We took the table out of the Solano the day we bought it and only put it back in when it was sold.
We used a Cafe table top on a pedestal which just got moved around to where we wanted it.

Mike

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-11-2012, 21:41

My Motorhome: Adria coral supreme
Our table is removable but is needed to make up the extra bed so is very substantial

first thing we did was to buy a length of the clip on edge and make a light table that is easy to move in and out

I like my space to be free

Aldra
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 23-10-2017, 23:28

My Motorhome: I drive...
Hi - first time using this forum but need some help. We want to remove the table out of our 2015 Burstner Elegance i810 but having removed the table top and the screws out of the base, it still does not more! Is it 'stuck down' with some sort of industrial glue? Or is it screwed from underneath the double floor? We've looked underneath the motorhome and can't see any outside screws. So, if anyone can help us it really would be appreciated 😬
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 14-02-2018, 12:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by esperelda View Post
We have a Burstner Solano which we love but it would be nice to be able to remove the (fixed) table sometimes to give us more room.
Has anyone ever had a go at this?
i have a burstner ixeo time it 585 with fixed table, took table out and carry a smaller foldable table in wardrobe for meals loads more space and lot less weight to carry in van, best thing i ever done, made slats to make extra bed for when family join us, table was to unsteady for bed so we made our own version worked a treat.
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-02-2020, 20:16

I have just placed a deposit on an Ixeo Time Sovereign 745 which has a half dinette and a huge table.

It does not appear to be difficult to remove the table as it is not screwed to the floor.

Does anyone have pictures and/or links to suitable replacements?

Robin
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-02-2020, 22:18

My Motorhome: Chausson Welcome 85 2007
Took our table out for a season but missed the extra space and put it back in.

I'm not signing anything.

The two impulses in travel are to get away from home, and the other is to pursue something - a landscape, people, an exotic place. Certainly finding a place that you like or discovering something unusual is a very sustaining thing in travel.
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-02-2020, 09:15

My Motorhome: Frankia T640 FF2
I've just removed the monster table and its runner tracks from my van and have replaced it with one consisting of a fold up base https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pair-of-c...53.m1438.l2649
and a top from these people https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/600mm-x-6...53.m1438.l2649

I didn't use the actual top shown in that link but they will make one to any size you ask for, in a colour to suit your preference from their selection, I found them to be very helpful and efficient, product was good as well.
The fold up leg assembly seems very flimsy until you have secured the top and then it is rock steady.

John
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-02-2020, 10:22

My Motorhome: Burstner Delphin Performance T821
Personal Aire
I removed our overlarge table top and fitted a smaller one. It is used as a bed support so could not be removed completely. I hinged a section at one end to create more space during the day.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SAM_0354.JPG (838.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg SAM_0356.JPG (813.6 KB, 7 views)
raynipper likes this.

Nil Desperandum Illegitemide Carborundum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page