Bessacarr E795 radio problem - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 27-07-2019, 18:11 Thread Starter

Bessacarr E795 radio problem

Hello,
Recently bought a 2006 bessacarr E795.
The radio will work of the 12v but immediately turns off when turning the ignition on, Any help would be appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 27-07-2019, 19:25

More information required please. Am I right in saying that your radio can be switched on when your vehicle is standing idle but switches itself off when you turn the ignition on?

Loch Sloy
This I'll Defend

I would prefer to say that I am British rather than European.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 27-07-2019, 19:36 Thread Starter

Sorry for the lack of information.... basically, a friend of mine was messing around with the back of the radio whilst the ignition was on, a wire in the back of the radio detached itself, when put back together and radio was put back in the original place it won’t turn on..... when the ignition is off the radio will work from the leisure battery, but the minute the ignition is turned on which disconnects from the leisure battery it turns off again, thanks for your time

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 28-07-2019, 13:00 Thread Starter

Any suggestions?
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 28-07-2019, 13:33
EJB

My Motorhome: Burstner Nexxo t620G
It's fairly standard practice for UK motorhomes to have a relay that disables the leisure side of the vehicle when the ignition is switched on.

PS. You will probably find that other 12v sockets and 12v lights are also effected.

Ted.
I try and state simple facts in a nice way.

Last edited by EJB; 28-07-2019 at 13:37.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 28-07-2019, 14:46 Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply, yes I understand that, but it should then be powered from the ignition from the normal battery, I’m guessing it has possibly blew a fuse some where but I have no idea where the fuses are located?
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 28-07-2019, 21:10

My Motorhome: Rapido 7065FF
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 29-07-2019, 12:05
EJB

My Motorhome: Burstner Nexxo t620G
The circuits that are disabled by the relay will not be active after start up...I've never heard of one being transferred to the other battery?

Ted.
I try and state simple facts in a nice way.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 29-07-2019, 15:37

My Motorhome: Bessacarr E725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnzzy10 View Post
Sorry for the lack of information.... basically, a friend of mine was messing around with the back of the radio whilst the ignition was on, a wire in the back of the radio detached itself, when put back together and radio was put back in the original place it wonít turn on..... when the ignition is off the radio will work from the leisure battery, but the minute the ignition is turned on which disconnects from the leisure battery it turns off again, thanks for your time

It sounds like your friend has connected the power supply to the radio to the wrong circuit.

Instead of connecting it to the cab circuit, he has somehow picked up the habitation supply instead.

Maybe check the relay that shuts off the hab supply at engine start. He has probably just got the wires mixed up near that.
Drew and HurricaneSmith like this.

I'm daft and proud of it.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 29-07-2019, 20:24

My Motorhome: Pilote 733 FJ
Most radios require two live feeds, one to maintain the memory which will be a constant feed whilst the second is a switched live feed, to actually power the unit up.
My suggestion would be that a previous owner has replaced the base vehicle switched feed for one from the leisure battery to ensure that they could listen to the radio without the ignition switched on, as it is normal for the radio to be disconnected after a few minutes of the ignition being switched off.

You'll need to research what has been done previously to rectify the situation or simply replace the feed for the units power from either the original source or pick up either a permanent or switched live feed from the fuse box.

John

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page