Original graphics replacement - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

1Likes
  • 1 Post By erneboy

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 27-08-2018, 11:41 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: I drive...
Original graphics replacement

Just purchased a 2008 Autotrail CHeyeene 740 Se which the graphics have been removed but has left “shadow”, would like to replace the original graphics. Any help in sourcing them. TIA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 28-08-2018, 17:49

My Motorhome: Hymer Exsis-i 504
Welcome telboy. Have otried an Autotrail dealer?

Jean
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 28-08-2018, 18:38

My Motorhome: Four Winds RV
A local sign maker/graphics place working in vinyl will be able to make them up, though they might need another van to take digital photos of to do it. If your shadows are very visible they might do.

Again if the shadows are fully visible it may be possible to use those as a template around which they put some thin tape with a sharp wire inside it. Then they cover the area with the appropriate colour of viynl/sticky backed plastic and pull the wire out thus cutting the plastic to shape. I had mine completely redone that way a couple or years ago. It was fairly expensive though.

If you could get new ones made or buy them from Autotrail, which I'd expect to be very expensive, you'd need to be pretty skilled to apply them correctly. I'd say that's not a DIY job having put plenty of very simple sign writing on trucks I can say that it's an art and easily mucked up. Though there are a few tricks to it, even so your job is complicated and probably expensive.

Many of those sign places will make complete sets of livery for machinery, tractors and that kind of stuff at a fraction of the cost of buying from a main dealer.

I believe I saw an ad. some years ago from such a company making livery for motorhomes. Maybe try Google.

Look here: https://caravanstickers.com/motorhom...trail-stickers

There are plenty of others.
HurricaneSmith likes this.

Brexiters. It's your sh1t now. Whatever happens nationally and internationally you own it. I wish you luck. I think you're going to need all you can get and then some. Friday 13th December 2019.

Last edited by erneboy; 28-08-2018 at 18:54.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page