New Autotrail V-Line 635 SE - Page 3 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

31Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 27-05-2018, 20:10

My Motorhome: I drive...
Hove

Thanks for the links, had a look, seems it could be hit or miss whether you get a good box or not, an expensive option if you don't. Probably safer to stick with the manual.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hove For This Useful Post:
HurricaneSmith (29-05-2018)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 28-05-2018, 00:33 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: AutoTrail V-Line 635 SE
Personal Aire
As the Comfortmatic option costs around £2000 extra it was a no brainer for us too.

Should you choose to go ahead with your purchase I would be really keen to hear your thoughts, particularly how efficient you find the air circulation as the temperature rises and it gets warm outside.

The passenger glove box cooler might then become a bonus.

John

For lust of knowing what should not be known
We take the Golden Road to..........................
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 28-05-2018, 22:25

My Motorhome: Autotrail 635SE
Hi, we love our 635SE and have had the van for 14mths now, and fingers crossed it remains fault free. As for the warped windows, yes we have some light distortion, but nothing major. Our only gripe is the washroom layout, unable to fully open the toilet lid due to the shower handle being in the way!
The Following User Says Thank You to dickydutch For This Useful Post:
HurricaneSmith (29-05-2018)

post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 29-05-2018, 20:28 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
Well that made me laugh!

When we sat in the van before committing we both thought the location of the shower control a little unusual, but I can honestly say it doesn't seem to foul (no pun intended) the loo lid. Maybe they've moved it a tad.

One of our sons must have thought much the same because he said that we might be the only campers that could have a shower whilst sat on the loo.

dickydutch and dickydutch like this.

John

post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-08-2018, 21:05

My Motorhome: Autotrail Vline 635 SE
Vline 635SE

Hi we have just changed from a Cheyenne 696 to the Vline 635SE, took a while to decide and pick the right layout but apart from not as much low level storage or a garage there doesn't seem much of a compromise, and we can now get to all the places we feared to go in the Cheyenne.
Can I ask if you think the lighting is very bright? There doesn't seem to be anything dimmable on any lighting or the reading lights. I've looked to see if I can remove the LED bulbs for lower ones but I can't suss out how the bulbs come out?
Also was looking at a way to be able to hang up wet coats etc in the shower without drilling into anything?
Any advice would be great.
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-08-2018, 21:58 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveda View Post
Hi we have just changed from a Cheyenne 696 to the Vline 635SE, took a while to decide and pick the right layout but apart from not as much low level storage or a garage there doesn't seem much of a compromise, and we can now get to all the places we feared to go in the Cheyenne.
Can I ask if you think the lighting is very bright? There doesn't seem to be anything dimmable on any lighting or the reading lights. I've looked to see if I can remove the LED bulbs for lower ones but I can't suss out how the bulbs come out?
Also was looking at a way to be able to hang up wet coats etc in the shower without drilling into anything?
Any advice would be great.
Hi Steve, Yes, the lights are rather bright, so we use only the two reading lights either side of the rear doors, or the lights over the captains seats when that end.

We have bright blue Led security light on the dashboard...... Fortunately outside the windscreen blinds or that would definitely need a cover.

On our last trip to North Northumberland I realised we had two empty lockers, so we are OK for space, even with the rotary line. I now use a watering can to top up fresh, after a long discussion with Mrs HS about economy before we bought the van.

I love the simplicity of shaking the bed linen out of the two rear doors, it's so much easier than with our previous van.

I'm going to have to use an expanding rail with suction pads in the loo to hang wet clothes, but haven't chosen one I like yet. I'm not keen on drilling holes either and found the wall boarding doesn't like free standing suction cups which simply fall off.

On balance, because we thought about things before we bought the van, it's going to exceed expectations, and I love parking the van in any old high street without width concerns. Our V-Line 635SE is probably going to be a keeper.

Hope yours gives you as much pleasure.

Steveda likes this.

John

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page