Gas Regulator Problem - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 21-09-2005, 21:39 Thread Starter

Gas Regulator Problem

We picked up our Duetto in May and have just had a problem.

At York on Saturday morning decided to make coffee and toast, easy you think however one ring on was fine add another ring and the pressure dropped so it was coffee then toast. Initially had thought it was frozen gas. Although one of the ASOC kindly boiled our kettle for us.
Rang the dealer and have found out Cotswold have had about 18 of these fail recently. Booked in for next weekend to be fixed. The manufacturer tried to blame a particular consignment of gas from one area but everyone changes their gas at different places.
Just thought I would bring this to peoples attention. Not a complaint against AS.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 22-09-2005, 08:42

Hi Jana

I have an Autotrail and within the owners club 4 gas regulators have gone faulty in as many weeks. It makes you think that possibly the manufactures of the gas regulators which are the new 30Mb type may have a problem with them. Just in case mine goes faulty whilst away in Spain I bought a spare from Gaslow at the York show. Gaslow asked why I wanted a spare I explained and they said that they was aware of a problem with another manufacturer. Hope this helps you and other members
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 22-09-2005, 08:46

My Motorhome: In my dreams
I have a prob with the French one I bought at Novalise. If it has not been used for sometime, I have to disconnect the pipe and put it back on again and from that point it is fine until another period of non use. I noticed that there is a small button underneath it which I have tried pressing but don't know what it does or why it is there. Incidently, when ever I see a button I just have to press it. One day I will come unstuck. (In retrospect, it was probably fortunate that I was never drafted to nuclear subs)

I want to die quietly in my sleep like my Uncle did. Not screaming and shouting like his passengers.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 22-09-2005, 18:35

My Motorhome: Hymer B644 G
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pusser
I noticed that there is a small button underneath it which I have tried pressing but don't know what it does or why it is there.
Hi Pusser

I had a French regulator with a button. It is a safety device, if you have a sudden loss of gas from say a bust pipe it automatically shuts off.
To reset it you hold the button until the gas pressure has built up in the system.

Jim
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 22-09-2005, 18:44

My Motorhome: In my dreams
Cheers for that matey - so little time and yet.....so much to learn

I want to die quietly in my sleep like my Uncle did. Not screaming and shouting like his passengers.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page