Autosleeper faults - Page 4 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 35 (permalink) Old 16-05-2011, 22:06

Sadly I also purchased an Autosleeper MH

I took delivery of a 9month old Nuevo ES and have never had a trouble free holiday in it yet. The faults range from pull out bed supports coming apart, waste tap falling off, over charging of habitation battery, water heater earth fault and various others. The latest is the failure of the entry light operation form the key fob.

Although I took it back to Marquis for these faults I ended up having to fix some of them myself because the repairs carried out by the dealer were unsatisfactory.

I chose an Autosleeper because I believed they were the best quality available in the UK. After talking to a one of the technicians carrying out repairs I understand that since they were taken over by Marquis along with various others, the quality of build has dropped off the scale.

I think it is incredible what Motor Home buyers have to put up with.
Imagine spending 55K on a BMW car or similar and then having to put up with things falling off, not working etc.

Needless to say I will not be buying another Autosleeper MH
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 (permalink) Old 16-05-2011, 22:51

Personal Aire
I find this thread so very sad, for although satisfied customers generally keep quiet, which upsets the balance of fair reporting, Each of these dissatisfied customer complaints nails down the lid on the coffin of exchange value.
Mine is a 2002 model Palermo, with no faults (shhhh), any that had arrisen were presumably rectified by my supplier, which included major items like hubcaps, a cracked sidelamp and a torn fly screen. After a years driving a cupboard catch died and an electric vent needed dust blowing off as did my grill. My supplier told me that Motorhomes equipment was not substantial like domestic equipment and the future may be paved with little niggles and I accept that.
I feel so lucky that my van is older, I really do not want to earn the reputation of poor quality build. I recall what happened to KonTiki for a period when the reputation of 'Leaky KonTiki' got around.
Alan
post #33 of 35 (permalink) Old 16-05-2011, 23:47

I have to say that my 25year old lady is, apart from the odd nick & chip, and the odd "bruise" on her body, still in excellant condition so Autosleeper were doing something right back in the day!

I am revising my plan on replacing her next year - think I'll stick as she is still going strong!

Chris & Tilly.

My family coat of arms fastens at the back. Is this normal??

post #34 of 35 (permalink) Old 17-05-2011, 00:15

My new Broadway gets a "shakedown" (pun intended) trip as soon as I get back from this business trip on 26th. I am slighty concerned about what I read in this thread but only time will tell.
post #35 of 35 (permalink) Old 17-05-2011, 07:43

Why don't people take the vans back and refuse to have it repaired and insist on a new one? We did this on a £20K caravan, along with a solicitor's letter of refusal and eventually got a new van (due to a waterfall in the bathroom when it rained!).

Joe

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page