Autosleeper Mezan - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 25-03-2009, 18:50 Thread Starter

Autosleeper Mezan

Hello, I wondered if any of you have ever had any experience of the litlle Mezan (peugeot) please. Good or bad. Many thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 25-03-2009, 18:57

Hi and welcome to MHF.

Interestingly enough we've got a new one parked right outside at the moment as our dealer lent us one today as a courtesy car. If you have a specific question then ask away -it goes back tomorrow !

My OH who drove it back says that it drives like a car but the rear visibility is not very good. It went neatly into a car parking space this morning but we would not have been able to get it under a height barrier.

The inside seems well made and thoughtfully laid out and we were quite impressed with the cab - air con, good radio, very effective heater and comfy seats.

We were waved to by several owners of bigger motorhomes on the way back - most important. Apologies to anyone on the A34 that we didn't wave to but the drive quality of the Mezan is such that you forget you've got a van behind you.

G
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 25-03-2009, 19:14

Hello Ednacloud

Welcome to the mad house ( only joking) we have found the members a font of knowledge and opinions

Not many Mezan owners about so welcome to a sensible motorhome as well

We have had ours scince May last year and have had no problems with it except for a dud leisure battery whih kept loosing charge so no heating ( erbespacher diesel heater ) but sorted out quickly

Enjoy

Keith & Sheila

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 25-03-2009, 19:40

Hi,
The turbo diesel engine is to be prefered to the 1.9 standard, more power, longer service intervals and better fuel consumption,
Regards,
Chris
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 25-03-2009, 20:54 Thread Starter

Mezan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaybee327
Hello Ednacloud

Welcome to the mad house ( only joking) we have found the members a font of knowledge and opinions

Not many Mezan owners about so welcome to a sensible motorhome as well

We have had ours scince May last year and have had no problems with it except for a dud leisure battery whih kept loosing charge so no heating ( erbespacher diesel heater ) but sorted out quickly

Enjoy

Keith & Sheila

Thanks for the info.

I looked at one today and though it looked great, compact, so I imagine you need to be organised,but very easy to get around in.

One concern I have is why are there so few around.

Do you see many on your travels?
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 25-03-2009, 21:02

Re: Mezan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ednacloud
They are not cheap by comparison with -for want of a better word- a full-sized motorhome with more space to move around in.

I suspect many people who want a smaller, faster car-type vehicle so they can travel far, fast and not worry about narrow roads, would also want something that would go under all height barriers as well. This would mean a lift up roof I think rather than the fixed roof that this one has.

We've been out and had a better look and I have to say, we are both impressed with it and how compact but fully fitted it is. Even a loo - though I trapped my finger in the folding door used to get at it. The luton will hold a lot of stuff and there is space below the beds.

One thing I have not investigated is how to make the beds long enough ? I suspect it involves using the cab seats but they are quite a bit lower than the bench seats.

G
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 25-03-2009, 21:26 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly
Quote:
They are not cheap by comparison with -for want of a better word- a full-sized motorhome with more space to move around in.

I suspect many people who want a smaller, faster car-type vehicle so they can travel far, fast and not worry about narrow roads, would also want something that would go under all height barriers as well. This would mean a lift up roof I think rather than the fixed roof that this one has.

We've been out and had a better look and I have to say, we are both impressed with it and how compact but fully fitted it is. Even a loo - though I trapped my finger in the folding door used to get at it. The luton will hold a lot of stuff and there is space below the beds.

One thing I have not investigated is how to make the beds long enough ? I suspect it involves using the cab seats but they are quite a bit lower than the bench seats.

G

Thanks for the reply.

I had a go at extending the bed using a padded bar that forms the back edge of the luton,and it wasn't too bad.

I do like the idea of getting around easily and getting to more remote locations up narrow tracks etc.

I thought this might go under most barriers,do you know what typical height restrictions are please?

It was nice other MH users waved at you, I thought they might look down on it (not literally!), being so small.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 25-03-2009, 21:38

Quote:
I thought this might go under most barriers,do you know what typical height restrictions are please?
I've just been looking it up and there are 2 versions: the one we have outside which has a luton and a Lowline version. The lowline 1.960 m high and says it will go under " most height barriers."

We did not put the one we have outside to the test as it was pretty clear it would not go under the Newbury barriers and though, we had not been given a height measurement, we did not test it and risk getting into an awkward situation. Our local car parks have height barriers of 1.83 m so the Lowline would not go under them either.

Yes, we were quite impressed that we were waved at by all motorhomes who passed us. It does look like one from the front however - the luton is a give-away.

G

Edit: Just found it: the highline version is 2.286 m high. Interesting as our Bessacarr ( lowline) is only 2.8 m
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 25-03-2009, 21:53

Grizzly I agree but you need to ad the height of aerial to the height ( at least I had to - comes to 8'3" in old money

Ke
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 25-03-2009, 23:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaybee327
Grizzly I agree but you need to ad the height of aerial to the height ( at least I had to - comes to 8'3" in old money
Ke
I think the aerial must be in the wing mirror of this one - a brand new one- as it doesn't seem to be outside. There is a button marked A on the right of the array of buttons on the dashboard and we thought that erected the aerial but it is the electric window switch !

G

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page