Any Pug Harmony owners on here?? - Page 3 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-11-2007, 23:36

- Don't forget, it's getting frosty time of year. There are lots of instructions on here (undoing screws and blowing down things) plus tips like what to add to the loo water so as not to freeze your b*m to the flush!!!!
Put the water heater drain plug in a VERY obvious place if it comes out, as I spent a week looking for the 'safe place' I put it in.
As I don't have insulated wrap, or element in the tank yet, I carry bottled water for tea and a 20 litre water container for the other stuff in winter. Also making sure no water left in waste tank, with tap open.
I have also been all round taking out stored fabric bits like duvet, blankets, cushions and will be wafting the curtains around occasionally so as to minimize any damp from condensation. It's tempting to kit it out and I have, but I bring it all in regularly to 'air'.
Can't believe the van is a fella - Treachery!!!!!!

- Helena ( & 'Jessica' )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-11-2007, 11:03 Thread Starter

Hi again everyone

Thanks for best wishes and advice Helena I think I am going to be a real pest with questions. Sorry about him being male and if you knew the number plate you would know why my hubby thinks I'm mad. If all goes well and we complete the sale as planned I will post it on here and you can all have a good laugh

I say IF the sale goes through because I am still waiting for an answer to my more serious concerns re the excessive mileage in last 6 months (over 7,000) and previous owners details. I was originally told only 1 owner from new but seems there have been 2 and that small niggle sort of grew overnight.

I still cant quite understand why a guy in Argyle would travel all the way to Kent to place an order for his new van and trade in Henry. Doesn't make any sense to me - it needs explaining as any problems he may get with his new van will have to be put right by Dealer in Kent - why would you do that?

Hopefully all will be sorted today and celebrations resumed

Cheers guys (and girls )

Maura
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 14-11-2007, 15:07 Thread Starter

Just an update for those of you who might be interested.

Have spoken to previous owner and he is mystified over mileage and thinks hat the garage must have picked up incorrect previous mileage when doing paperwork. He says he most definitely did not do any more than 3 to 4 thousand miles a year and 36K mileage is correct. However he will be sending me all the old MOT's to see if there was an error. Tyres all renewed fairly recently but he couldn't remember when - hoping he may have found some old receipts etc to send me. Have sent him my address today and he will post me what he can find.

Dealer has agreed to get van up to a good condition and is keeping me fully informed of work progress. Today he said the rails for blinds on rear door windows could not be replaced but he would have windows treated with tinted film to block out sunlight - is this a fair option?

The rear panel of the washroom which faces the rear doors is badly faded (due to lack of blinds) and looks bowed - any advice on this? He has said he will ask A/S if this panel can be replaced.

Will keep fingers crossed that all goes well as it would be so disappointing now to have to pull out of sale.

Maura

post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 15-11-2007, 02:44

- The blinds (rails) and the fading wouldn't put me off a good buy if the van was mechanically good, dry and presentable. I have seen another fruitless query somewhere about what to do about this fading, and they often get it, can't keep sun out all the time I 'spose.
- Comment about Autosleepers advice is worthwhile, I've rung them for similar things, and they're really good. It's only a bit of MDF + veneer or some such. I'd want to know why it bowed if possible in case it was water. On mine, you can take it off to get to other parts (can't remember flippin' what though) - So if it comes off, it can be copied?
I've got a slim rail fastened to van roof above the doors with self tapping screws, like the rest of the curtain rails. The tie back 'poppers' onto the back 1 inch of the washroom wall to hold curtain out of way.
My curtain 'poppers' are the worst bit - all the ones on the van walls are rusty - I have got more from A/S by post, plus curtain ones, and am going to have a tentative 'go' at them one at a time. - Good luck, - H.
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 15-11-2007, 08:51

Send a message via AIM to annetony
I agree with Helena, Autosleepers are very helpful for any advice, as for the fading of the panel we used fabulon on ours here is a link to the thread covering it https://www.motorhomefacts.com/ftopict-35233-.html
the panel does come off easily,

Anne
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 15-11-2007, 11:41 Thread Starter

This must be what it's like to be on a roller coaster

As I said previously the chap at Autosleepers was indeed very helpful and gave me lots of advice about what they could and couldn't supply for the Harmony.

However on reflection he did raise more negative issues than positive ones which added to owners feedback I am fairly sure it will be a bit of a money pit. If it was going to be the only van we owned would not put me off completely but with another purchase planned there wont be the spare money in the kitty to re-fit it out. Did I mention that all the curtains were stashed away in a locker and were very mouldy indeed and the little bathroom cabinet was hanging off the wall. I didn't examine the washroom any further because smell was not nice Not a well loved Harmony at all, very sad. I do want to rescue him and put him all back together but I have to be practical.

(Anne the job you did with the fablon looks very good. I used it years ago in an old house we owned. Our panel is badly bowed tho and I wonder if it has got damp from leaky shower of taps)

I will make time to put a nice comment on Autosleepers Company reports about this guy as I had bad experience last time I contacted them (new employee) and was a bit miffed at the time. This chap was so helpful and never made me feel like an idiot once

Hey....who knows by tomorrow it may all have changed yet again....now will someone please stop this ride and let me get off

Maura
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 15-11-2007, 17:34

Your gut feeling wont let you down Maura. Walk away and fight another day. You'll sleep better as well. H
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 15-11-2007, 18:28 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by homerdog
Your gut feeling wont let you down Maura. Walk away and fight another day. You'll sleep better as well. H
H can you see the bags under my eyes?

I always knew MHF was powerful but thats very impressive

Thanks for all the help everyone xxxx
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 15-11-2007, 22:21

Huh! Twas nothing Sleep well!H

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page