Replace a bulb - such a simple job - oh yeh? - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

1Likes
  • 2 Post By spykal

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 18-11-2006, 14:16 Thread Starter

Replace a bulb - such a simple job - oh yeh?

The offside side marker lamp on my Pollensa is out - I presume a blown bulb. Just went to pull the dead one to make sure I buy the correct replacement. Hmm - where's the lens-to-body fixings? - no sign of exterior screws - doesn't appear to be any obvious access from inside. There's a small "slot" at each end of the lens that seems to be inviting a screwdriver in but I can't believe the lens is a push fit - surely not?

I guess these lamps are common to a number of Auto-Sleepers bodies so someone out there must have been here before.

Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 18-11-2006, 15:38
Rest In Peace Mike, 1944-2017.

My Motorhome: Autocruise Starburst
Personal Aire
Hi

Any chance of a picture of the fitting... many fittings are generic and someone may recognise the type... and more importantly, know how to remove it.

mike

Mike
When confronted by a problem, you can solve it easily by reducing it to the question, "How would the Lone Ranger have handled this?"
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 18-11-2006, 15:47 Thread Starter

Well I just popped out to take a pic - prodded the lens a little - grabbed it firmly and just gave it a tug - low and behold, it just popped off. A push fit it is. Don't they make anything properly anymore?
Anyway - problem solved - thanks.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 18-11-2006, 16:00

autosleeper marker lights

tony
sorry cant help with your lights, but if you think they are bad I recently had to change a bulb in the front marker of my nuevo. two screws in lens
easy job. SILLY ME. took screws out, lens would not come off. eventually whole light fitting pulled out. found bulb holder is a bayonet fit into one piece lens/reflector. fitted new bulb refitted bulb holder into lens. now needed to reconnect wires but no spare wire, as terminals are set into silicon in rear of light recess, after spending an hour on ladder trying to plug in two invisible terminals into two other invisible terminals which also move in the silicon, i gave up, modified the bulb holder so that it is push fit not bayonet fitting ,pushed the bulb holder into the recess onto its now almost visible terminals pushed the lens/reflector onto the bulb holder and put the screws back . motorhome manufacturers should be ashamed of their products and their poor quality control.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 18-11-2006, 16:14
Rest In Peace Mike, 1944-2017.

My Motorhome: Autocruise Starburst
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt
Well I just popped out to take a pic - prodded the lens a little - grabbed it firmly and just gave it a tug - low and behold, it just popped off. A push fit it is. Don't they make anything properly anymore?
Anyway - problem solved - thanks.
Both God* and MHF both work in mysterious ways.

mike

Disclaimer
*for those of other faiths I am of course referring to any god
cabby and cabby like this.

Mike
When confronted by a problem, you can solve it easily by reducing it to the question, "How would the Lone Ranger have handled this?"
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 18-11-2006, 17:26

Hi Mike!

Glad you are being PC

Rob

Experience comes from what we have done. Wisdom comes from what we have done badly!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-08-2016, 13:38

My Motorhome: I drive...
Slide the amber lens towards the rear and it will release, change bulb and slide to rear to refit. Job done
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-08-2016, 10:01

My Motorhome: Adria Compact SLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superpete View Post
Slide the amber lens towards the rear and it will release, change bulb and slide to rear to refit. Job done
You are 10years too late, check the original date! But thanks for the info anyway,

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page