Front of roof lifted up - Page 3 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-07-2006, 15:25

My Motorhome: Autosleeper Nuevo
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger148
I spoke to a number of Nuevo owners at the ASOC AGM, some leaks had been experienced but others hadnt had problems this apllied to both older and newer vans so its not something that is a regular fault with this model.
The factory people reconned that any leaks should be still covered by warranty, but I think they were a bit out with their dates,
Charles Trevelyan sugested any one with problems should contact the service centre and each case would be considered.
Hi Dodger148

Had another problem with the Nuevo last week (Mon 26th June). Rainy Monday in Wales and leaks from the kitchen roofvent and the Hieki in the main living area. Managed to get to Willersey on Friday 30th and had the vents resealed. Trevor very helpful and as usual friendly service. But I did see a number of Nuevos requiring attention. This van is not six months old. I really do think this merger with SEA (I think) hasn't helped their quality reputation which used to be excellent. I am still happy with the van but will always now be looking for a problem. Friday afternoon vehicle perhaps but why so many in the service centre?

Teljoy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-07-2006, 00:10

I think they go through phases and mistrust creeps in, does with me anyway.

I still firmly believe though if a problem is sorted quick by the manufacturer or dealer it is quickly forgotton, if it drags out then thats when the horror stories come out.

Also believe that the number of Nuevos that are being produced may be responsible for the faults A-S keep saying they have improved QA/QC but we still come accross faults that shouldnt be on a van as new as yours
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-07-2006, 15:18

I refer to my previous post in April. Our Nuevo ES has been at the dealers since 27th March and until Thursday last, have had no communication from them. We went to see them on Friday and it still has not been fixed after suffering two serious leaks, one after only 10 weeks from new, and the other in March this year. After serious words, they are now sending it back to Auto Sleeper. We asked for a replacement van as we believe the fault was present when we bought it from new in January 2005 but the dealer has refused. We have documented all the faults as there are others as well! The list goes on. We have written to Trading Standards but being cynical, do not believe that anything will be done.

I am not surprised there were quite a few Nuevos at Autosleepers. Ours will soon be joining them.

Pammy

post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-07-2006, 16:20

My Motorhome: Autosleeper Nuevo
Personal Aire
Nuevo problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pammy
I am not surprised there were quite a few Nuevos at Autosleepers. Ours will soon be joining them.

Pammy
I admit it is a bit after the event but I found that going back direct to Autosleepers at Willersey meant that the middleman (dealer) was eliminated and the problems were tackled straight away.
Does Autosleeper know about your particular problem or is the dealer keeping it to themselves?

Teljoy
PS sorry just read your previous post about returning to autosleepers.
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-07-2006, 16:39

I have an Autosleeper Nuevo that I bought in Sept. 02. We had a lot of problems, some due to what I would consider bad design and some just plain bad workmanship!
Although these faults should not have been present in the first place, to their credit Autosleeper did not try to worm out of reponsibility and eventually fixed all problems.

However!!! I was cleaning the 'van yesterday, and leaning on the front edge of the roof to reach across, I noticed it moving up and down in the plastic strip. Also, water ws between the strip and the roof section. At the sides just above the cab doors, the strip has come away from the sealant, and along the front there doesn't appear to be any sealant fitted.

We don't appear to have any leaks, but I will ask to speak to Charles Trevelyan tomorrow and suggest I take it to them for appraisal on the way to Lincoln.
It may be almost 4 years old, but reading the posts above, it is a known and possibly common fault that should never occur!!!!

Rob

Experience comes from what we have done. Wisdom comes from what we have done badly!
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-05-2007, 22:02 Thread Starter

A quick update on my loose roof.. because it wasn't leaking I ignored the problem, AS wanted £600 to repair it, however a month ago the roof panel lifted up above the L-shaped trim so I had to do something about it.

It turns out that the only seal and fixture as standard is a small strip of glorified double sided sticky tape between the L-shaped trim and the roof panel. I just cleaned up the whole area and sealed it with Sikaflex. Job done and saved myself the best part of £600.
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-05-2007, 08:46

Hi open up the gap with a t shape prop get as much crap out as poss-dry with hot air gun -make sure it is dry on edges then seal with sikaflex drop prop then mask up and re seal again.Hope i have explained so you can understand what i mean
terry
sorry did not see second page
post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-05-2007, 10:42

My Motorhome: Sold it.
Personal Aire
oh dear me, all these problems does not encourage me to buy this A/S Rienza.would like a van that will give me a couple of years before faults appear.Maybe it would be best if we go for another low profile.any news about faults found on this model we would like to know about.our old 1998 Swift Royal 635 on a VW chassis never let us down, am beginning to miss it now.

cabby

Don't be silly all the time ask your question.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page