Motorhome Facts Forum banner

Bike rack for autocruise with rear door

6K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  powerplus 
#1 ·
e-mail address edited out by mods - not a good thing to put e-mail addresses in the post.!

Can anyone tell me if anyone makes a bike rack for an Autocruise Horizon with the rear opening door?

thank
Ian

#3 ·
Horizon is a coachbuilt with a rear door. A standard rack will not work. With my Vista I had a swing away rack built by a motorhome dealer near Beckenham in Kent. I think they went bust. It was okay, but mild painted steel and to swing it away every time you needed to get in an out of the rear door was a pain.

It shouldn't be too expensive to commission one from a fabricator- but spec galvanised steel!

#9 ·
bike rack

to be honest, i think you will be lucky to find a bike rack for e,bikes

all the normal racks are for normal bikes and they give a lighter carrying capacity per bike

i had a dave cooper motorbike rack that fits behind the tow ball with my 2 e,bikes and even then the welds broke on the bracket

its to do with the overhang from the mounting points

i ended up making a bike rack that fits directly to the side cheeks that go directly to the chassis on the tow bracket
i will try and find some pictures

barry

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.