tyre pressure on hobby 750 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 16:04 Thread Starter

tyre pressure on hobby 750

another question,

what should the tyre pressure be on a hobby 750,fully loaded,front and rear,its a tag axle.

thanks ,
havingfun
t
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 17:44

Ask the manufacturer. I have Michelin tyres on my MH and they were very quick to reply to my E-mail when I asked for normal and fully laden. And the pressures were not as I'd been told by the previous owners or in the Ducato handbook.

Tell them the exact size and the weight on each axle (I guess with a tag the pressures will be the same on all four tyres - just give them the front and rear weights but tell them that there are two axles at the rear. I got mine weighed at a local weighbridge for 4 all in.)

Dr (musical, not medical) Roy
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 18:13 Thread Starter

thanks dr roy,

dont know if this is the right place in the foroum to ask,but does anybody know of a cheap weighbridge near the south side of manchester,as stockport tip are asking ten pound an axle,so with the tag they said round about 50 quid.......

havingfun,well when we get these last probs sorted

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 18:29

Re: tyre pressure on hobby 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by havingfun
another question,

what should the tyre pressure be on a hobby 750,fully loaded,front and rear,its a tag axle.

thanks ,
havingfun
t
Hi Havingfun,

Ours is a Hymer tag on the same chassis as yours. Our Hymer handbook says 4,5 bar for the rear tyres, and 5.5 bar for the fronts. This did seem to be excessive, and it does give a harsh ride. I have dropped 0.5 of a bar off of each, and it has made some difference. We are 4.5 tonne when fully loaded.

Your Stockport tip weighbridge are taking the urine, with regards to their charges. Try a search in the Database, >>Here<<

HTH,

Jock.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 22:03 Thread Starter

thanks jock,

been on the website and found one in congelton,looks like its going to save us best part of 45, GREAT....every pound saved is a pound towards the big adventure, and once we get the weight we can phone up pirrelli,

one day i will find allthe good stuff on this website,learn more every day.

thanks,
having fun
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-03-2008, 06:33

Quote:
every pound saved is a pound towards the big adventure,having fun
I'm intrigued,

Anywhere nice in mind, or are you looking more at "fulltiming"?

Jock, (hours away from another big adventure ).
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-03-2008, 04:19 Thread Starter

hi jock,

not going fulltiming just yet,that is are dream for the future,we have had a few weekends away,and loved every minute,but the first big adventure for us is going to be five or six weeks to ireland,mostly wildcamping,we hope, and if all goes well,in the autum we want to go over on the ferry, and plan of action is which way the van is pointing when we drive off that is the way we are going.and we will come back when we get fedup.we have talked about all the places in europe we want to see,so nows the time,just retired,and times ours.i feel like a child again,bubbleling over with joy,waiting for christmas,somebody else on one of the threads talked about smiling,i do every time i look at the van.

mags,havingfun
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 16:16

Quote:
hi jock,

not going fulltiming just yet,that is are dream for the future,we have had a few weekends away,and loved every minute,but the first big adventure for us is going to be five or six weeks to ireland,mostly wildcamping,we hope, and if all goes well,in the autum we want to go over on the ferry, and plan of action is which way the van is pointing when we drive off that is the way we are going.and we will come back when we get fedup.we have talked about all the places in europe we want to see,so nows the time,just retired,and times ours.i feel like a child again,bubbleling over with joy,waiting for christmas,somebody else on one of the threads talked about smiling,i do every time i look at the van.

mags,havingfun
Hi mags,

I have only just received your reply.

Go for it, and I hope it is everything that you want it to be. It's a great pastime.

Jock.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 29-04-2021, 12:12

My Motorhome: I drive...
very nice article
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 30-04-2021, 09:20

My Motorhome: Pilote Reference P716
Personal Aire
Get the axles weighted in full 'Holiday' mode full fuel, fresh water in tank, full gas bottles, tables and chairs, etc then you can use the TyreSafe Motorhome Tyre Inflation Pressure Advice - https://www.tyresafe.org/check-your-...es/motorhomes/ - to find what pressures they advise for the Tyres you have fitted on your MH.

With the tyres I have fitted - Continental (225/70 R 15C 112/110) - on my Pilote on a Ducato base and fully laden the recommended pressures are 47psi (3.2 bar) front and 61psi (4.2 bar) rear.

Much better ride for the last eight years than the teeth jarring 80 psi (5.5) shown on the door plate.

erneboy likes this.

For Videos of the Aires we've used, Eurotunnel journeys and many other more obscure Videos have a look at - www.youtube.com/user/KeithChesterfield

For Recommended Vets in Europe have a look at - https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=zTPBDq9Df4L4.kSm3eLuvVb2g

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page