Lunar Homecar /Calira 38/20 / electrical issues - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

2Likes
  • 2 Post By jiwawa

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 27-06-2021, 07:49 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: I drive...
Lunar Homecar /Calira 38/20 / electrical issues

Hi, am looking for a bit of help from anyone who has seen this problem before. I have a 2009 Lunar Homecar equipped with a Calira EVS 38/20 charger/ distribution system. The charger works fine on hook up and when engine running but I have little 12v distribution. I've almost convinced myself that I have a problem with the Calira but I'm not so sure.

With hook up I've got batteries charging and 240v distribution around the van. with no hook up or engine running I have 13.0v on the leisure battery and the same on the starter battery. When I switch the 12v system on at the control panel the green LED lights up showing that the control panel is receiving power from the Calira unit. However, nothing else. No lights, no water pump. Ive checked the 6 Calira blade fuses and they're all ok. I've checked for voltage at the blade insert when each of the fuses was out and get voltage on the Fridge but no voltage on plugs AO1 or AO2. I don't hear any clicking when the control panel is switched on suggesting that no internal relays or the four externally mounted relays are energised.

Almost all previous documented problems with these units seem to be on the charger side which is why I'm concerned I may be missing something obvious. Any help/ suggestions gratefully received.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 27-06-2021, 08:40

My Motorhome: Hymer Exsis-i 504
Hi Davw, and welcome to the forum.

I'm NOT the woman to help with electrics but you just might find something helpful here...

Calira EVS 38/20 circuit diagram ? https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/sh...ad.php?t=39346
Drew and Pudsey_Bear like this.

Jean

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page