Truma 4 e issue - Page 2 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-01-2021, 22:27

Heater

Fixed red light gas problem, flashing red low 12 volts. If you are using propane check regulator.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-01-2021, 22:47

My Motorhome: Hymer Exsis-i 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by weldted View Post
Fixed red light gas problem, flashing red low 12 volts. If you are using propane check regulator.
Took me a minute to figure that Ted ... Do you mean
Fixed red light = gas problem,
flashing red = low 12 volts?

Good to know!

And can you explain what you mean about propane and the regulator? I mentioned earlier that propane was no good in winter but does it gum up the regulator, or what?

Jean
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-01-2021, 12:03 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: IH TIO RL on a DUCATO MAXI 3.0L with Comfortmatic
Thanks for the redlight tips. It is permanent red when on. Gas bottles are full, its not very cold here and it sometimes works. Regulator is next to check.

Don't be an idiot all your life, take the odd day off.

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-01-2021, 12:40

My Motorhome: Four Winds RV
It doesn't need to be very cold for butane to stop boiling off well. It may not gas off at all at 5 degrees or below but I've known mine to be reluctant/intermittent if the cylinder was outside in the shade, at 7 or 8 degrees. I use a local externally bottle on longer stays and have once or twice ended up unthinkingly buying butane.

That's not such a big problem if it's just that your kettle isn't boiling well. My cooker does not have thermocouples on the rings, so any gas flow at all will produce a flame. I could see how weak that flame was on cold mornings with a butane cylinder, indicating that the gas supply is poor. You can't see inside the heater, but a poor gas supply will prevent it working at all.
goho51 likes this.

Brexiters. It's your sh1t now. Whatever happens nationally and internationally you own it. I wish you luck. I think you're going to need all you can get and then some. Friday 13th December 2019.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-01-2021, 16:39

Proably not relevant as mine is a much older heater but when when it wouldn't light after a lay up , I read somewhere that it might be a spiders web across the burner or the 'eye' and to put a vacuum hose down ( carefully) from the outside vent . Well , i said, worth a try , and what do you know it worked . Don't know of course if that was the problem and the fix or it co-incidentally just started working again , but that was a couple of years or maybe three years ago and it has kept working since. Thought it was worth a mention ,if not for your problem , maybe others.
goho51 likes this.

G

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page