Certificate of Conformity - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

 3Likes
  • 1 Post By eurajohn
  • 2 Post By Penquin
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 31-07-2020, 15:43 Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: UK and Katowice, Poland, plus All Europe
My Motorhome: Niesmann+Bischoff Arto 69GL (2003)
Posts: 12,708
Thanks: 885
Thanked 468 Times in 418 Posts
Certificate of Conformity

In anticipation of Qs to answer to re-register my MH in Poland, I am trying to find out if the system for issue of CoC was in existence in 2003 when it was first registered.

I have searched the internet but can find little about start date of the system. The current EU Directive is dated 2007, but there may have been a previous version.

Can anyone please give me chapter and verse as to when the system started.

With thanks

Geoff
nicholsong is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 31-07-2020, 16:48
EJB
Senior Member
 
EJB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Suffolk (By choice)
My Motorhome: Burstner Nexxo t620G
Posts: 4,172
Thanks: 30
Thanked 128 Times in 118 Posts
I Googled this if it's any help:-

1 January 1993
Certificates of conformity have been defined in EU's Single Internal Market and Type Approval Directive (EC-92). EU's single internal market became official on 1 January 1993. Part of the "EC-92" effort was to remove the technical barriers preventing the free movement of products within the EU market.

This from Wikipedia:-

History and legislation
Certificates of conformity have been defined in EUs Single Internal Market and Type Approval Directive (EC-92). EUs single internal market became official on 1 January 1993. Part of the "EC-92" effort was to remove the technical barriers preventing the free movement of products within the EU market. The greatest impact of this effort has been in the area of standards in the automotive sector. The EU Commission is seeking to harmonise the automotive, technical and environmental standards between all the member states. EU legislation defines the standards in the areas of noise, particle emissions and safety. In addition, the EUs Directive on Type Approval (EU Council Directive 92/53) eliminates the need for national type approval requirements by establishing one set of rules for automobiles and their components throughout the EU. This directive aims at the clarification of the type approval procedure for motor vehicles, separate technical units (i.e., trailers), and components.

Ted.
I try and state simple facts in a nice way.
EJB is online now  
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 31-07-2020, 17:04 Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: UK and Katowice, Poland, plus All Europe
My Motorhome: Niesmann+Bischoff Arto 69GL (2003)
Posts: 12,708
Thanks: 885
Thanked 468 Times in 418 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJB View Post
I Googled this if it's any help:-

1 January 1993
Certificates of conformity have been defined in EU's Single Internal Market and Type Approval Directive (EC-92). EU's single internal market became official on 1 January 1993. Part of the "EC-92" effort was to remove the technical barriers preventing the free movement of products within the EU market.

This from Wikipedia:-

History and legislation
Certificates of conformity have been defined in EUs Single Internal Market and Type Approval Directive (EC-92). EUs single internal market became official on 1 January 1993. Part of the "EC-92" effort was to remove the technical barriers preventing the free movement of products within the EU market. The greatest impact of this effort has been in the area of standards in the automotive sector. The EU Commission is seeking to harmonise the automotive, technical and environmental standards between all the member states. EU legislation defines the standards in the areas of noise, particle emissions and safety. In addition, the EUs Directive on Type Approval (EU Council Directive 92/53) eliminates the need for national type approval requirements by establishing one set of rules for automobiles and their components throughout the EU. This directive aims at the clarification of the type approval procedure for motor vehicles, separate technical units (i.e., trailers), and components.

Ted


Thanks, I too found both of those, but if you note the words in your second reference


" The Commission is seeking to harmonise the automotive...."


I think it took a while from then before anything definitive and binding was in place.


Geoff
nicholsong is online now  
 
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 31-07-2020, 17:38
Senior Member
 
Penquin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Aquitaine
My Motorhome: Swift Kontiki 615
Posts: 20,034
Thanks: 788
Thanked 760 Times in 677 Posts
Personal Aire
Our Swift is 2003 and after a great deal of prodding it was found by the Prefecture in Bergerac.

Admittedly, Swift had "forgotten" to submit our model at the time, but it was all sorted by two phone calls from Swift Legal Department to Prefecture in Paris all was found.

Swift had issued CoC to us foc by return of email.9 months earlier.....

Citroen charged us 100 for the same thing for our car and took 6 weeks to do the same. The car was a 2007 Picasso....

Any typo that I make means the errorists win.

Any comments above are only MY OPINION and should be read as that.

http://www.leslezards.co.uk
Penquin is online now  
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 31-07-2020, 18:22 Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: UK and Katowice, Poland, plus All Europe
My Motorhome: Niesmann+Bischoff Arto 69GL (2003)
Posts: 12,708
Thanks: 885
Thanked 468 Times in 418 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penquin View Post
Our Swift is 2003 and after a great deal of prodding it was found by the Prefecture in Bergerac.

Admittedly, Swift had "forgotten" to submit our model at the time, but it was all sorted by two phone calls from Swift Legal Department to Prefecture in Paris all was found.

Swift had issued CoC to us foc by return of email.9 months earlier.....

Citroen charged us 100 for the same thing for our car and took 6 weeks to do the same. The car was a 2007 Picasso....

Dave


Thanks. So my hope that it did not apply to 2003 was forlorn.


I assume it is issued in respect of each individual vehicle. I am surprised I have not got one as all the other paperwork had been handed down by 3 previous owners.


I also assume I must request it from N&B.


Geoff
nicholsong is online now  
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 31-07-2020, 19:09
Senior Member
 
eurajohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Mayenne France
My Motorhome: Frankia T640 FF2
Posts: 3,150
Thanks: 50
Thanked 211 Times in 188 Posts
Geoff, when I registered my 2000 Euramobil in France in 2007, I had to supply three separate CoC's, one from Fiat, one from Alko and one from Euramobil.
Each was no problem to acquire, at a cost, from memory it was 130 from Fiat 60 from Euramobil but free from Alko, although I did have a bit of a problem with the Alko one, the first one they sent me was a copy and the way the authorities knew that it was a copy is the original will have a red band diagonally across the form, the first one they supplied had a black one because it was a copy, contacted them again and they supplied an original.

I believe it was after 2007 that the converter was authorized to issue a "whole vehicle type approval" which means you only need the one piece of paper.

.
nicholsong likes this.

John
eurajohn is online now  
The Following User Says Thank You to eurajohn For This Useful Post:
nicholsong (31-07-2020)
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 31-07-2020, 19:10
Senior Member
 
raynipper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Posts: 22,303
Thanks: 1,109
Thanked 421 Times in 399 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
Yep, our 2000 Hobby/Fiat had to have two at 220 each.

Ray.

The FSA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our lifes savings. Guess what? He robbed us of 750,000. http://raynipper.com
Brexit is madness orchestrated by the insane.
raynipper is online now  
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 31-07-2020, 20:26 Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: UK and Katowice, Poland, plus All Europe
My Motorhome: Niesmann+Bischoff Arto 69GL (2003)
Posts: 12,708
Thanks: 885
Thanked 468 Times in 418 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eurajohn View Post
Geoff, when I registered my 2000 Euramobil in France in 2007, I had to supply three separate CoC's, one from Fiat, one from Alko and one from Euramobil.
Each was no problem to acquire, at a cost, from memory it was 130 from Fiat 60 from Euramobil but free from Alko, although I did have a bit of a problem with the Alko one, the first one they sent me was a copy and the way the authorities knew that it was a copy is the original will have a red band diagonally across the form, the first one they supplied had a black one because it was a copy, contacted them again and they supplied an original.

I believe it was after 2007 that the converter was authorized to issue a "whole vehicle type approval" which means you only need the one piece of paper.

.

So the plot thickens.


Maybe Poland only wants the N&B one.


Geoff
nicholsong is online now  
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 31-07-2020, 20:47
Senior Member
 
Penquin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Aquitaine
My Motorhome: Swift Kontiki 615
Posts: 20,034
Thanks: 788
Thanked 760 Times in 677 Posts
Personal Aire
Yes, request it from N&B and make sure you get one, otherwise your vehicle will have to undergo an inspection which makes the MoT look like a walk in the park.

The organisation here that goes such a thing believes in inspecting the vehicle inside as well as outside, so not only do the brakes have to work above the required % of efficiency but the dockets need to be approved - not easy if you have UK three pin sockets.

So push N&B to supply one for the complete vehicle - Tory can do it and that negates getting one from Fiat etc since once the vehicle left them they have no control over eg chassis modifications such as an extension. You could therefore be asked for a CoC for the conversion as well as the actual body and the chassis - all negated if the converter issues a FULL CoC rather than a partial one. There is no set fee as I implied, some are foc, others not, some are sent back immediately, others take weeks...

Good luck, you may well need it sadly......
raynipper and nicholsong like this.

Any typo that I make means the errorists win.

Any comments above are only MY OPINION and should be read as that.

http://www.leslezards.co.uk
Penquin is online now  
The Following User Says Thank You to Penquin For This Useful Post:
nicholsong (31-07-2020)
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome