Certificate of Conformity - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

3Likes
  • 1 Post By eurajohn
  • 2 Post By Penquin

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 31-07-2020, 15:43 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: Niesmann+Bischoff Arto 69GL (2003)
Certificate of Conformity

In anticipation of Qs to answer to re-register my MH in Poland, I am trying to find out if the system for issue of CoC was in existence in 2003 when it was first registered.

I have searched the internet but can find little about start date of the system. The current EU Directive is dated 2007, but there may have been a previous version.

Can anyone please give me chapter and verse as to when the system started.

With thanks

Geoff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 31-07-2020, 16:48
EJB

My Motorhome: Burstner Nexxo t620G
I Googled this if it's any help:-

1 January 1993
Certificates of conformity have been defined in EU's Single Internal Market and Type Approval Directive (EC-92). EU's single internal market became official on 1 January 1993. Part of the "EC-92" effort was to remove the technical barriers preventing the free movement of products within the EU market.

This from Wikipedia:-

History and legislation
Certificates of conformity have been defined in EUs Single Internal Market and Type Approval Directive (EC-92). EUs single internal market became official on 1 January 1993. Part of the "EC-92" effort was to remove the technical barriers preventing the free movement of products within the EU market. The greatest impact of this effort has been in the area of standards in the automotive sector. The EU Commission is seeking to harmonise the automotive, technical and environmental standards between all the member states. EU legislation defines the standards in the areas of noise, particle emissions and safety. In addition, the EUs Directive on Type Approval (EU Council Directive 92/53) eliminates the need for national type approval requirements by establishing one set of rules for automobiles and their components throughout the EU. This directive aims at the clarification of the type approval procedure for motor vehicles, separate technical units (i.e., trailers), and components.

Ted.
I try and state simple facts in a nice way.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 31-07-2020, 17:04 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJB View Post
I Googled this if it's any help:-

1 January 1993
Certificates of conformity have been defined in EU's Single Internal Market and Type Approval Directive (EC-92). EU's single internal market became official on 1 January 1993. Part of the "EC-92" effort was to remove the technical barriers preventing the free movement of products within the EU market.

This from Wikipedia:-

History and legislation
Certificates of conformity have been defined in EUs Single Internal Market and Type Approval Directive (EC-92). EUs single internal market became official on 1 January 1993. Part of the "EC-92" effort was to remove the technical barriers preventing the free movement of products within the EU market. The greatest impact of this effort has been in the area of standards in the automotive sector. The EU Commission is seeking to harmonise the automotive, technical and environmental standards between all the member states. EU legislation defines the standards in the areas of noise, particle emissions and safety. In addition, the EUs Directive on Type Approval (EU Council Directive 92/53) eliminates the need for national type approval requirements by establishing one set of rules for automobiles and their components throughout the EU. This directive aims at the clarification of the type approval procedure for motor vehicles, separate technical units (i.e., trailers), and components.

Ted

Thanks, I too found both of those, but if you note the words in your second reference

" The Commission is seeking to harmonise the automotive...."

I think it took a while from then before anything definitive and binding was in place.

Geoff

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 31-07-2020, 17:38

My Motorhome: Swift Kontiki 615
Personal Aire
Our Swift is 2003 and after a great deal of prodding it was found by the Prefecture in Bergerac.

Admittedly, Swift had "forgotten" to submit our model at the time, but it was all sorted by two phone calls from Swift Legal Department to Prefecture in Paris all was found.

Swift had issued CoC to us foc by return of email.9 months earlier.....

Citroen charged us 100 for the same thing for our car and took 6 weeks to do the same. The car was a 2007 Picasso....

Any typo that I make means the errorists win.

Any comments above are only MY OPINION and should be read as that.

http://www.leslezards.co.uk
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 31-07-2020, 18:22 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penquin View Post
Our Swift is 2003 and after a great deal of prodding it was found by the Prefecture in Bergerac.

Admittedly, Swift had "forgotten" to submit our model at the time, but it was all sorted by two phone calls from Swift Legal Department to Prefecture in Paris all was found.

Swift had issued CoC to us foc by return of email.9 months earlier.....

Citroen charged us 100 for the same thing for our car and took 6 weeks to do the same. The car was a 2007 Picasso....

Dave

Thanks. So my hope that it did not apply to 2003 was forlorn.

I assume it is issued in respect of each individual vehicle. I am surprised I have not got one as all the other paperwork had been handed down by 3 previous owners.

I also assume I must request it from N&B.

Geoff
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 31-07-2020, 19:09

My Motorhome: Frankia T640 FF2
Geoff, when I registered my 2000 Euramobil in France in 2007, I had to supply three separate CoC's, one from Fiat, one from Alko and one from Euramobil.
Each was no problem to acquire, at a cost, from memory it was 130 from Fiat 60 from Euramobil but free from Alko, although I did have a bit of a problem with the Alko one, the first one they sent me was a copy and the way the authorities knew that it was a copy is the original will have a red band diagonally across the form, the first one they supplied had a black one because it was a copy, contacted them again and they supplied an original.

I believe it was after 2007 that the converter was authorized to issue a "whole vehicle type approval" which means you only need the one piece of paper.

nicholsong likes this.

John
The Following User Says Thank You to eurajohn For This Useful Post:
nicholsong (31-07-2020)
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 31-07-2020, 19:10

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
Yep, our 2000 Hobby/Fiat had to have two at 220 each.

Ray.

The FSA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our lifes savings. Guess what? He robbed us of 750,000. http://raynipper.com
Brexit is madness orchestrated by the insane.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 31-07-2020, 20:26 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurajohn View Post
Geoff, when I registered my 2000 Euramobil in France in 2007, I had to supply three separate CoC's, one from Fiat, one from Alko and one from Euramobil.
Each was no problem to acquire, at a cost, from memory it was 130 from Fiat 60 from Euramobil but free from Alko, although I did have a bit of a problem with the Alko one, the first one they sent me was a copy and the way the authorities knew that it was a copy is the original will have a red band diagonally across the form, the first one they supplied had a black one because it was a copy, contacted them again and they supplied an original.

I believe it was after 2007 that the converter was authorized to issue a "whole vehicle type approval" which means you only need the one piece of paper.

So the plot thickens.

Maybe Poland only wants the N&B one.

Geoff
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 31-07-2020, 20:47

My Motorhome: Swift Kontiki 615
Personal Aire
Yes, request it from N&B and make sure you get one, otherwise your vehicle will have to undergo an inspection which makes the MoT look like a walk in the park.

The organisation here that goes such a thing believes in inspecting the vehicle inside as well as outside, so not only do the brakes have to work above the required % of efficiency but the dockets need to be approved - not easy if you have UK three pin sockets.

So push N&B to supply one for the complete vehicle - Tory can do it and that negates getting one from Fiat etc since once the vehicle left them they have no control over eg chassis modifications such as an extension. You could therefore be asked for a CoC for the conversion as well as the actual body and the chassis - all negated if the converter issues a FULL CoC rather than a partial one. There is no set fee as I implied, some are foc, others not, some are sent back immediately, others take weeks...

Good luck, you may well need it sadly......
raynipper and nicholsong like this.

Any typo that I make means the errorists win.

Any comments above are only MY OPINION and should be read as that.

http://www.leslezards.co.uk
The Following User Says Thank You to Penquin For This Useful Post:
nicholsong (31-07-2020)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page