3Likes
  • 1 Post By Penquin
  • 2 Post By Gellyneck

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 29-07-2020, 20:06 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: Auto-Sleeper EK TB LP
Personal Aire
Flashing Mileometor

Peugeot Boxer 2012, my milometer is flashing at me, any idea what this means? nothing in the manual, I should mention that I also have a warning that my airbags have a fault.

Barry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 29-07-2020, 22:20

My Motorhome: Swift Kontiki 615
Personal Aire
Sadly, the airbag warning light is another way of printing for the garage IMO.

When our such light came on, it was eventually tracked to a faulty seat belt locking charge in the driver's seatbelt. Instant MoT failure as none of the airbags are functional if that light us on.

The garage concerned initially told us the required part was not available but when someone with a pair of working eyes looked he found it, easily except the 650 charge that came with it.

You will have to have the fault code read and then find out how much of a sharp intake of breath the mechanic makes at that time.

AFAIK there is no way of resetting that fault code unless the correct action has been taken.

The flashing mileometre is probably another manifestation of the same fault - designed to make sure the owner/driver takes notice......

Good luck, do let us know what the faults turn out to be...
Matchlock likes this.

Any typo that I make means the errorists win.

Any comments above are only MY OPINION and should be read as that.

http://www.leslezards.co.uk
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 31-07-2020, 11:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matchlock View Post
Peugeot Boxer 2012, my milometer is flashing at me, any idea what this means? nothing in the manual, I should mention that I also have a warning that my airbags have a fault.
Exact same issue in our 2013 Ducato earlier this year on the day it was booked in for it's MOT.
As it's a failure I got the mechanic to have a look at the issue rather than MOT.
He could not reset however provided the fault codes from the OBD.
Did you \ have you had a low vehicle battery warning by any chance?
It is a fairly common fault on Ducato \ Boxer \ etc models and is linked to the airbag ECU. Have a look at crashdatauk website (http://crash-data.co.uk/) to get further information. All going well you will be able to send the airbag ECU to them and they will be able to reload the firmware and clear the fault. Cost is around 80 including postage. They normally turnaround in two \ three days.
The airbag ECU is located under (well nearly) the drivers left foot (assuming RHD) and is fairly easy to remove.
Hopefully repair is possible (FIAT Pro always advise new unit required!) as the new cost is somewhere around 300.
Penquin and Matchlock like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gellyneck For This Useful Post:
Penquin (31-07-2020)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page