Kindle or similar - info please. - Page 2 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 21-05-2019, 13:21

My Motorhome: I drive...Auto Trail Navajo
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholsong View Post
Roger

Thanks. Useful advice.

What is this 'Prime' of which you speak?

Geoff
If you have an Amazon account Geoff you can join the Prime, cost about 50 a year ( not sure if the price). You then have free delivery on Amazon products, films to watch and more advantages.

I'm Jan
We learn something new every day.
The Following User Says Thank You to JanHank For This Useful Post:
nicholsong (21-05-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 21-05-2019, 13:22

My Motorhome: Autosleeper Pollensa 2002 on Peugeot Boxer 2.8HDi
Hi Geoff,

Amazon Prime is a service where you pay an annual subscription which has various benefits, the main ones for me being free Same/Next day/2 hour delivery on many items purchased from their website plus free access to thousands of movies, TV series etc (predominately American but some UK) which are accessible on our laptops, tablets, mobile phones and Fire sticks which we have on a couple of our TVs (I took one of the Fire sticks with us to Malta last week and used it on our hotel room TV, which otherwise offered very little in English). The basic Prime subscription also gives access to a couple of million music tracks. There are further extra-cost subscriptions for access to millions more music tracks, Kindle Unlimited with access to over a million Kindle book titles and audio-books, etc but we don't bother with those.

Full details can be found on the Amazon website.

PS whilst I was typing my usual verbose diatribe, Jan managed to put it much more succinctly!

cheers
Roger

Last edited by rogerblack; 21-05-2019 at 13:24. Reason: add PS
The Following User Says Thank You to rogerblack For This Useful Post:
nicholsong (21-05-2019)
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 21-05-2019, 17:15

My Motorhome: Hymer Exsis-i 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerblack View Post
jiwawa, is there an on/off slider switch on the bottom of your device? There is on my original Kindle and I found it sometimes turned itself off for no apparent reason. I eventually worked out that the slider switch was catching on my belt buckle!
Thanks Roger, I wish it were so simple! Mine is usually sitting on the table propped up on my tablet box.

I will, tho, try setting it oon something soft just in case the switch (a press switch) is being inadvertently triggered.

That wouldn't explain the freezes tho.

Jean

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 21-05-2019, 17:21

My Motorhome: Knaus Sun Ti 600LF
I started out with a Sony ereader, which was easy to read, but I found the system for downloading to it, via my macbook, to be clunky and inconvenient. Meanwhile I bought John the Kindle that connected to the internet over the mobile system. I found buying through Amazon easier and not particularly limiting, for me.

I gave up on my Sony and last year bought myself a Kindle Paperwhite, which I love. Yes, I could read from the Kindle app on my iPad but that's not possible outdoors, and it's too bright and tires my eyes if I read it for long in bed with the light off. The Paperwhite is perfect for my needs.

Chris
The Following User Says Thank You to ChrisandJohn For This Useful Post:
nicholsong (21-05-2019)
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 21-05-2019, 17:29

My Motorhome: Hymer Exsis-i 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisandJohn View Post
I gave up on my Sony and last year bought myself a Kindle Paperwhite, which I love. Yes, I could read from the Kindle app on my iPad but that's not possible outdoors, and it's too bright and tires my eyes if I read it for long in bed with the light off. The Paperwhite is perfect for my needs.

Chris
So you never have a problem with auto-reboot or freezing Chris?

I wonder is there anyone out there who reads the Guardian subscription (10/mth) on the Paperwhite that I could compare notes with.

I'm convinced it's the combination.

Jean
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 21-05-2019, 19:50

My Motorhome: Knaus Sun Ti 600LF
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiwawa View Post
So you never have a problem with auto-reboot or freezing Chris?

I wonder is there anyone out there who reads the Guardian subscription (10/mth) on the Paperwhite that I could compare notes with.

I'm convinced it's the combination.
No, I've never had a freezing problem, but I don't have any newspaper subscriptions on it. The main news parts of the Guardian arrive in emails, on my iPad, but I don't have the 10 subscription. I do pay a 5 donation though.

Chris
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 21-05-2019, 21:14

My Motorhome: Arapaho
Personal Aire
Jean, Lorraine’s Paperwhite has frozen a few times, she doesn’t view any papers on it, but saying that she just holds the bottom button for approximately 15 seconds and it clears the frozen issue.

Terry

I'm a Euro Unionist, Testiculi ad Brexitam

Brexit: the incapable in pursuit of the unobtainable to satisfy the delusional. (Edwin Hayward)

In the land of the blind the one-eyed man is king.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page