Rapido 7090F cable for reversing camera - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

2Likes
  • 1 Post By rayc
  • 1 Post By Devonboy

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-03-2019, 13:35 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: Rapido 7090F,,
Rapido 7090F cable for reversing camera

Hope someone can help. I need to feed a new cable from the camera to the monitor in the cab. Has anyone done this or at least knows the route of the original cable? There is an existing cable but it unsuitable for the new camera/monitor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-03-2019, 14:01

My Motorhome: Pilote 740C Sensation
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilkinsi View Post
Hope someone can help. I need to feed a new cable from the camera to the monitor in the cab. Has anyone done this or at least knows the route of the original cable? There is an existing cable but it unsuitable for the new camera/monitor.
I had a 7090+ and from what I remember the route is fairly tortuous, the cable being installed before the walls went on. If it were me I would go via a wardrobe into the garage and exit the floor and go via the chassis and into the interior via the compartment for the drivers seat belt. There is a route there as it is used for the amber side markers. You can then remove the strip across the cab floor by the door entry and follow the other cables to the dash.
Pudsey_Bear likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to rayc For This Useful Post:
Wilkinsi (12-03-2019)
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 13:18 Thread Starter

Thank you.

I am very grateful for the useful info and a possible solution

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 13:35

My Motorhome: Rapido 9048DF
As rayc has said the route is very awkward. However if you look behind the rear panel in the rear cupboard the cable should be there. On my 9048DF the cable from this point to the camera was too difficult to replace so I cut the cable to change the connector. It turned out to be not necessary as if you take out the rear high level brake light there is a join behind it. On my Rapido the connector was the original Waeco & as I had already bought the camera I had the make a join here. I bought my camera from DRW Electronics, they were extremely helpful & stock a number of adaptor options: http://www.drwelectronics.com/
Pudsey_Bear likes this.

Dave.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 14-03-2019, 16:09 Thread Starter

Many thanks Devonboy. I would love to use the existing cable but the original Waeco system is now 10 years old and has strange 9 pin adapters at both ends. Dometic has advised me that no adapters are available (and never were) and that the only solution is a new cable with the standard 6 pin connectors. However I’m very grateful for your helpful response
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 14-03-2019, 16:50

Quote:
Many thanks Devonboy. I would love to use the existing cable but the original Waeco system is now 10 years old and has strange 9 pin adapters at both ends. Dometic has advised me that no adapters are available (and never were) and that the only solution is a new cable with the standard 6 pin connectors. However I’m very grateful for your helpful response
Can you cut off the rear connector & solder on a new connector? You would have to tap out the wires but as far as I can remember only three wires are used. Would save a lot of hassle. Running a new cable is not a simple task.

Dave.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 16-03-2019, 12:14 Thread Starter

Soldering

I'm afraid my soldering experience is limited to building a crystal set at school many many years ago (and that didn't work!). I've also been advised by an electronics firm in Plymouth that the old cable isn't suitable for connection to the new camera / monitor. This seems a little odd to me so I'll seek a second opinion. However thanks for your help.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 16-03-2019, 12:20

Quote:
I'm afraid my soldering experience is limited to building a crystal set at school many many years ago (and that didn't work!). I've also been advised by an electronics firm in Plymouth that the old cable isn't suitable for connection to the new camera / monitor. This seems a little odd to me so I'll seek a second opinion. However thanks for your help.
Suggest you speak to DRW Electronics, extremely helpful.

Dave.
The Following User Says Thank You to Devonboy For This Useful Post:
Wilkinsi (18-03-2019)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page