Truma Blow ??? - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2007, 21:36 Thread Starter

Truma Blow ???

Hi and a happy new year to all.

We have just changed our M/h gone from our Pilote 240 to a hobby 650,
but i think we have a problem with the truma combi 3402,with the pilote we would set dial to temp 30 on control,then heater would light and and the fan would run and slowy pick up speed.till we had a real gale blowing from the vents with lots of noise from fan.when temp had been reached the fan would reduce blow and noise accordingly.

Now when we set the temp control to 30,heater/boiler lights but fan runs very very slowy and stays like it.dealer says this is normal!!!!!!.that the fan runs very quite,but with the pilote we had a gale from the vents now
i could blow harder.

can anybody tell me on their truma combis whether it starts slowly and builds up or justs runs slowly all the time.????

I'm wondering whether the themostat is on the blink as i would of though thats what controls the temp and heat up.

thanks karl.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-01-2007, 00:04

Re: Truma Blow ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbsserv
dealer says this is normal!!!!!!
thanks karl.
Would the dealer be the one who sold you the van??????

On our old Hymer, I seem to remember that the fan started blowing quickly and as the set temperature was reached the fans slowed down in speed and if the temperature fell the fans increased in speed when it was set to "auto". If you set it other than auto it just sat at a single speed....
I hope that A) my memory is still good and B) that this is of some help....

Keith
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-01-2007, 00:15

Hi Karl

We have a euromobil 810 with a truma 6000 combi. When we turn the temp guage to 30 it does indeed act similar to your first van - the Pilote. However in the handbook it does say that a noisy fan might be due to a dirty fan so at some point I intend trying to clean it.

Does your new system actually heat your van up. Our Euromobil is 28 foot long (so has a lot of space to heat) but within minutes we have to turn the thermostat down.

Dust does seem to be a problem to the truma. Recently the thermostat would not start up the system and so I carefully took the panel off (quite an easy job) and blew all the dust out of it. Once replaced it operated perfectly.

stew

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-01-2007, 01:06 Thread Starter

truma

Hi

i removed the control panel today, was really clean i am assuming that
the themostat is the little blue coloured diode thing on the dial????

As for heating the van not really, not as the pilote did,had it on for an hour today and still did,t turn off on its own.

karl
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-01-2007, 11:53

Hi Karl
Sounds to me as though you have a fault with either the thermostat or the control board. Where abouts do you live? Are you close to Brownhills? Maybe there is another dealer close to you who could have a quick check of the system to ascertain what is wrong and if they find a fault then contact Brownhills straightaway and tell them what the fault is and ask if the dealer you are at can fix it due to the inconvenience of travelling back to them.

Hope this helps mate

Keith
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-01-2007, 12:29

Hi, Our C6002 did the same thing with the fan the noise was like a plane starting up and then when the temp was reached or got near the fan slowed, but we have recently had the modification done by Truma and now i must say that while if you listen closely there is a change in fan speed it really is a lot lot quieter and it sounds like if all the planes have been grounded ?lol

i think the main point someone raised above is it getting the van to the temperature in a reasonable time ?

hope this helps
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-01-2007, 19:00 Thread Starter

truma

Another problem reared its head this morning,closed dump valve for heater on boiler, filled water tank up,water still coming from dump valve for heater,open taps for 20mins no water flowing from any taps or shower.

So Spoke to brownhills this morning,told them what i thought of them at 2pm they arrived to pick vehicle up to sort the problems they said will,call me tommorow.

I asked if they test appliances and water,they replied course we do and
stamp your book.

Checked the book theres the stamp and date 28/12/06 habitation service
done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page