Fiat Ducato Air Con Fitting - Page 2 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 21-05-2016, 22:36

Hello,

I have been in the RAC industry for 30 years and more.

Some advice.......

Retrofit Cab A/C is a nightmare of a job. Even the best end up with pockets full of "Pocket Screws" and broken plastic when they have done the job. Me included and I work like a swiss airline Technician coupled with a swiss watchmakers eye.

I did once when we owned a Frankia Mercedes wire the Dometic Habitation A/C to a Pure SineWave inverter and contacter. Just as a belt and braces for use on the move if the cab A/C broke.

The Mercedes Sprinter condenser developed a leak whilst in Spain. So we managed to stay cool with the hab A/C ahilst in-transit. That said, our alternator was 220amps.

But, we also have run a small portable A/C unit whilst on the move in the rear of our first motorhome (Another Mercedes that we purchased with an already poorly installed retro fit cab A/C).

And the latter I would say is your best option !

You can use it on the move via an inverter and on-site when you are on EHU. Providing you have the space?.

I hope this help?

If not send me an email, same as my username but with @sky.com on the end.

Happy & Safe Travels

TM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page