Hymer Elektroblock - second leisure battery - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-09-2006, 15:04 Thread Starter

Hymer Elektroblock - second leisure battery

Hi guys

This has probably been asked before - but here goes.

I'd like to fit a second leisure battery to my van (a Hymer E650), but I'm sure I saw something, somewhere about the Elektroblock having to be adjusted to provide sufficient output/allow for charging of two batteries.

Has anyone already added a second battery and had the ELB adjusted, or do I, like I've done in the past, just go ahead and connect the two batteries together (in parallel, of course).

My intention would be to add a second 110 AH Elecsol to the present battery (also a 110 AH Elecsol, and yes, I am aware that both batteries should be the same age and capacity).

Any thoughts, advice, hints would be appreciated.

Keith
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-09-2006, 15:12

I cannot offer any advice but I am with Peter Hambleton on Monday and Tuesday for some jobs that include adding a second battery under the passenger seat of my E700. I'll try and remember to ask him and respond in due course. Cannot promise to respond toute suite as I shall not be coming home for a while.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-09-2006, 15:35 Thread Starter

Quote:
I cannot offer any advice but I am with Peter Hambleton on Monday and Tuesday
Hi John
Thanks for that - Hambilton's is in my neck of the woods should I need something serious doing to the van (I'm in Carlisle), I've heard good reports about the firm, so would be interested to know how you find them.
Again, thanks.

Keith

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-09-2006, 16:49

John

Peter Hambilton is the "biz" if you own a Hymer. He fitted a second leisure battery for me and I'm pretty certain that he did something to the electroblok. Give him a ring - he's very friendly.

Ian
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-09-2006, 18:35

Yes I was in there a couple of weeks ago for him to review my purchase and now I'm going back for a habitation check and some small amendments, inverters and the like.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-09-2006, 12:22

This library won't let me upload my password and I can't rememberit (ofcourse) but this is nerrememberit "on tour". Anyway I left Peter Hambleton yesterday, and by the way VERY IMPRESSED with the quality and efficiency of the work. VERY IMPRESSED isn't really good enough!!

However I asked him and he said the Elecktroblock only needs adjustment if you swap from Lead Acid to Gel, NOT if you add a battery. He's added two batteries inder the seats for me so now I have three.

The dog kennel he built for me is fanastic and works very well, they love it.

Finally, the downside of not logging in as me as that I cannot get you pm of the web link to camp sites near Hadrians Wall, which is a bugger, I writing this from Carlisle Library and I'll try and log in again before the money runs out!!

Also the mouse and keyboard are crap, so errors are not me!

John
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-09-2006, 22:01 Thread Starter

Quote:
However I asked him and he said the Elecktroblock only needs adjustment if you swap from Lead Acid to Gel, NOT if you add a battery. He's added two batteries inder the seats for me so now I have three.
Many thanks for that John - actually had an email from Peter Hambilton same day - just confirms what you and others have said - seems to care about customers and provides not only good service but is helpful to non-customers as well.

Hope you enjoyed the break.

Keith

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page